The 'what are you listening to?' thread

I am really fucking digging that new Mercenary. The new singer IS different than the old guy but really awesome and actually better in some ways IMO! His cleans sound like fucking Phil Collen or something and I like his harsh shit better than the old dude. The production is also pretty killer, a little less crazy on the mastering and samples than the last couple Jacob has done. Definitely one of my top of the year right now.

Just started listening to plenty of Rage Against The Machine, especially their debut album... The production is absolutely insane, Tom Morello's double tracking is so tight.

I decided to give a shot because of what you said. ;) It´s indeed a good album. A lot better than Architect of Lies. But I still miss the epicness of keyboards!lol I am always open to sugestions. If it´s good music I listen to anything :)

Glad you heared me and decided to give it a shot! :headbang:

I am really fucking digging that new Mercenary. The new singer IS different than the old guy but really awesome and actually better in some ways IMO! His cleans sound like fucking Phil Collen or something and I like his harsh shit better than the old dude. The production is also pretty killer, a little less crazy on the mastering and samples than the last couple Jacob has done. Definitely one of my top of the year right now.

it's not really "new" singer, it's the bass player who joined after "the hours that remain". I saw them live a couple of times allready, also with the old singe still in the band, and allready then I could tell that the bass player is an awesome singer too, next to cool growls. They had 3 different singer by now btw
But my mind was really really blown when I heared the album the first time, I didn't expect him to sing that great. He also rules live.
Didnt like the new album on first listen though, needed a 2nd try and then I loved it.
Also didnt like the production at first, but began to enjoy it after a couple of times. I guess also due the similar vocal production you don't really "miss" Mikkel (old singer) at some spots ;)

currently listening to this:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU-3_D26mUg&feature=related[/ame]

Marillion
Louis Armstrong, Dave Brubeck, Ella Fitzgerald... jazz in general.
Whitesnake - Forevermore
Velhas Virgens - Carnavelhas 2
Rackmaninov - Piano Concerto 3 (this is an unbeliavable piece of music)...
Red Hot - Californication.

Kinda off topic but the Dredg and Katatonia reminded me of a band that I started listening to about a two years ago then inexplicably stopped listening to. I went to look up some of their stuff when I realized I couldn't remember the name of the band, or any of the songs, or what any of the songs sounded like and its driving me NUTS. This ever happen to any of you? They were like a weird mash of Dredg, Tool and Porcupine Tree. Fuck....

Mastodon- Curl of the Burl
Mastodon - Black Tongue

Took some time (10-15 listenings for each song) but starting to really dig these songs. Definitely gonna get "The Hunter"! A bit more like Blood mountain and Leviathan songs again. And production/mix/master sounds more like mastodon and not 60's surf band like Crack the skye did :devil:. Hope there's more heavy Fuckers on "The Hunter", cause though i think Crack the Skye is an awesome album...i kinda miss oldschool mastodon :(

I've recently been hooked on Ola Englunds music, shortly after discovering him on youtube... Effing brutal material.