The 'what are you listening to?' thread

ALSO! Totally check out Mike Tompkins!
Epic acapella stuff, maybe you guys won't like the taste, but a talented motherfucker nonetheless!

Last edited by a moderator:

My gf turned me onto these guys, this is their most and probably the only more "mainstream" song, I LOVE this band, truly unique

Nothing really "new" for me as of recently, but I've found myself spinning a lot of the following as of yesterday and this past week...

Bloodbath (all)
Katatonia - the great cold distance
Bolt Thrower (all)
Opeth (all)
Mass Effect 1 OST

Two Steps From Hell (thanks to Ensi for the recommendation!):

As well as some Star Trek TNG soundtrack stuff (particularly the Piccard flute theme from "The Inner Light" episode -- one of the greatest TNG episodes ever!)

Oh, and after seeing Dredg with Fair To Midland on tour, I decided to give them a chance, and really liking this song from their newest album:

And this whole album pretty much:

Their singer is amazing live.

(Sorry for so many youtube posts.)

Tesseract- One
Martyr Defiled- Collusion
Foo Fighters- Wasting Light

I've also been listening to Monuments- Doxa (instrumental) on repeat and I've also had some Animals as Leaders and Periphery/Bulb playing recently.

Where Blood and Fire Bring Rest is an amazing album!!

Almost daily I listen to some WG "Snuffy" Walden

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfEalt2xgG0&feature=related[/ame]

Also, lots of midwest indiecore like Penfold (I love the crowd in this vid, reminds me of DIY shows when I was 16)

and Mineral

Haha I love ZAO. Are you familiar with Countervail, or BoySetsFire?

I am SO HAPPY that Boysetsfire is back together. Can't wait for them to tour the US again once they get back from Europe. Nathan's post BSF band The Casting Out was good (especially when they had the woman playing keys and singing harmony on their EP) but... BSF is BSF.

I am SO HAPPY that Boysetsfire is back together. Can't wait for them to tour the US again once they get back from Europe. Nathan's post BSF band The Casting Out was good (especially when they had the woman playing keys and singing harmony on their EP) but... BSF is BSF.

I couldn't agree more! After the Eulogy is one of my all time favorite albums. Their lyrics are so powerful.

lol now after talking about this I'm listening to some BSF. So, in the spirit of this thread...

Steven Wilson - Insurgentes
Devin Townsend - Deconstruction/Ghost
Ghostland Observatory - Codename: Rondo
Floater - Burning Sosobra
Dog Fashion Disco - Beating a Dead Horse to Death