The what's going on in Thrash thread

I like the way some metal musos aren't embarrassed to admit their influences. Ted's obviously a bit of a questionable influence these days because people see the outspoken man not his music but it wasn't that long ago that a lot of metal muso's only admitted to having metal or hard rock influences. I remember when I was a naive youngster who'd grown up on 60's and 70's rock and roll and then moved on to metal exclusively and our bass player told me he listened to classical music I thought he was an idiot. I still can't listen to classical but opening up to other music that influenced the artists I was listening to brought a lot more variety to life.

Reactions: Neptune
Absolutely man!Within the last 10 or so years ,I've been discovering the more obscure psych rock and folk!It's a shame most people only know Of Hendrix,Deep Purple etc.,.But man there is a never ending wealth of amazing bands abroad!

Reactions: Slammed
For sure. I've never been a huge fan of Hendrix, I respect him for being what he is but I was never a huge fan but people like him, Janis Joplin, even someone like Jim Croce has some amazing tunes. I think that's part of the reason I fell into the rabbit hole of folk metal and most of it's genres and will listen to any of it to see if it's worth buying. Psych rock is a bit different for me I love some of it but am a bit more picky with what I buy. The influence both genres had on all forms of metal is undeniable though.

It's nice to see that you are a person that gets it man!But thrash is the heart soul of what all three of us thrive on :headbang: Long live LETHAL DOSE!!!(I still want to hear it man).

Reactions: Slammed and redfly
It's nice to see that you are a person that gets it man!But thrash is the heart soul of what all three of us thrive on :headbang: Long live LETHAL DOSE!!!(I still want to hear it man).

It would be nice to get some footage happening but even if I knew where the archives were now and had access to them they are all VHS and converting is such an annoying task.

That must have been Bravewords. I missed it. Peace Sells is 86 and Euphoria is 88. Great years for thrash!

Yeah I read it in the morning and couldn't be bothered going back to the site when I typed the message. I knew you knew which site the info would have come from if you wanted the years.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Oh those albums and those years are seared into me lol. And yeah I know M. O. of Bravewords lol

Funny, My dad is converting all our old home stuff to digital. I'm going to give him my Testament bootleg with Murphy on it and then I just have to figure out how to upload it lol...apparently I have a youtube channel with three subscribers. whatever the hell I do with that!

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
We recorded a lot of stuff on umatic and converted it to VHS in the day and while I have done VHS conversation before it's not something I have the inclination to do again in a hurry. It's like ripping vinyl, if all my good vinyl wasn't already ripped I'd be sitting back looking at it thinking how good it would be to do but never put the time aside to do it.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Oh those albums and those years are seared into me lol. And yeah I know M. O. of Bravewords lol

Funny, My dad is converting all our old home stuff to digital. I'm going to give him my Testament bootleg with Murphy on it and then I just have to figure out how to upload it lol...apparently I have a youtube channel with three subscribers. whatever the hell I do with that!
Good ol'Dad for the win!

Reactions: redfly
Hahaha! right?! The video itself is really good there is only one spot where something screws up but it doesn't last long.
It is right during an awesome solo by James though,:mad:

Hahaha! right?! The video itself is really good there is only one spot where something screws up but it doesn't last long.
It is right during an awesome solo by James though,:mad:
That would be awesome Rich!My dad would love to convert his old super 8 tapes. I was thinking about getting him one of those new projectors that plays them.

Reactions: redfly