The what's going on in Thrash thread

I think Frenzal have touched on most subjects. I'm kind of annoyed that they released their latest album before the same sex marriage bullshit blew up in the country because I'm sure they'd have had something stupid to say about the fucked up way the government has handled the issue. They did get banned a few times in the 90's from the government funded youth radio network because of their politically based songs but too many people complained about the ban and they had to reverse it.

Kidman like Crowe has lived here for more than enough years to be a citizen. I'm not a huge fan of either. I give Crowe credit for saving his beloved rugby team by buying it and putting his own money where his mouth is but that's about it. Kidman is just a bit too strange for me although she was a cute Ranga in BMX Bandits. Strangely enough we like to claim her as an aussie but pretty much kicked her other half out. Keith may be a country artist but he's a darn good guitarist and twenty odd years ago despite there being a big country scene in this country and the guy having the support of his country counterparts no radio station would play his music, no promoter would tour him and he just got the shits up and went to the US and started doing session work. Now he's as big as he is Australia are happy to claim him.

Reactions: redfly
Politicians don't like their feathers ruffled do they?! lol

forgot about BMX Bandits lol. I think of her first movie as being Days Of Thunder lol
Keith was Australian...but of course why would I? :D Didn't know Kidman was weird either.

Reactions: Slammed
Politicians don't like their feathers ruffled do they?! lol

Our Pollies have pretty much learnt to ignore the hate songs and jokes. It's almost like they are too perfect to realise they comments are serious

forgot about BMX Bandits lol. I think of her first movie as being Days Of Thunder lol
Keith was Australian...but of course why would I? :D Didn't know Kidman was weird either.

We watched her grow up on camera here and she's just not normal. Long freaky limbs and skeletal figure, strange laugh, bad taste in men, ranga!

Keith is a better guitarist that half the metal world, his singing sucks and his chart songs aren't great but he can play those strings better than many.

A person with read hair. They are poisonous, the new blonde, you should stay away!

Because country makes more money?

I've never looked at Mustaine the same way I might have looked at Nicole!

I'd play country if I could earn as much money as Garth Brooks

If we burnt Mustaine who would everyone rag shit out of whenever they open their mouth?

I already own the hat and the boots, I only need the guitar and the talent and I'm there!

Yeah I guess you're right. We wouldn't want to put it all on Jr.

LOl For country? Just say pick up truck and have someone throw in a slide guitar :rolleyes: Oh and for today's listener an auto tuner.

Jr, really is lucky, he's done so many interviews in the last 6 months and he doesn't cop half the shit Mustaine does. Must be something he doesn't say :)

We don't call them pick ups but I have the vehicle, the hat and the boots

As soon as I find some talent I'll be a megastar!

We call them utes because they guy who invented them called them utility vehicles and typical of us aussies we abbreviate everything. Utes, or more specifically dual cab utes were the top selling vehicle class in this country for quite a few years.

I don't know when pick up trucks were invented but the utility vehicle was invented by a farmer in Victoria. It was basically a modified road going vehicle. Trucks and anything else at the time were made on different plants the utility could be made on the same line that the family sedans were. For about 100 years Holden (Australian company until GM took it over and made it GMH) and Ford made utilities on the same chassis as they made sedans and wagons. For the last 4 years we've been exporting the Commodore VF as a Chevrolet SS, before that it was a Pontiac G8, essentially the ute can be delivered in exactly the same kit out, off the same production line with the same chassis. They are so close to the sedan/wagon set up that they race them and still clock close to 300kph (190mph) with only a 5 litre non turbo engine running an ethanol blended fuel.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/me...me-that-will-include-previously-unused-riffs/

Somehow I just can't get excited about the prospect of another game from a band. I know I'm probably not the target audience given that I'm not a gamer but after the anticipation of ED Hunter in the 90's (which suffered as much from technology as it did from poor game play) and then the build up of the newer Eddie game I don't hold out much hope for games based around bands and their mascots. I think they should just do the album that Davex2 keep talking about.

I don't know when pick up trucks were invented but the utility vehicle was invented by a farmer in Victoria. It was basically a modified road going vehicle. Trucks and anything else at the time were made on different plants the utility could be made on the same line that the family sedans were. For about 100 years Holden (Australian company until GM took it over and made it GMH) and Ford made utilities on the same chassis as they made sedans and wagons. For the last 4 years we've been exporting the Commodore VF as a Chevrolet SS, before that it was a Pontiac G8, essentially the ute can be delivered in exactly the same kit out, off the same production line with the same chassis. They are so close to the sedan/wagon set up that they race them and still clock close to 300kph (190mph) with only a 5 litre non turbo engine running an ethanol blended fuel.
Hmm interesting.Crazy fast huh? lol I mis Pontiac.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/me...me-that-will-include-previously-unused-riffs/

Somehow I just can't get excited about the prospect of another game from a band. I know I'm probably not the target audience given that I'm not a gamer but after the anticipation of ED Hunter in the 90's (which suffered as much from technology as it did from poor game play) and then the build up of the newer Eddie game I don't hold out much hope for games based around bands and their mascots. I think they should just do the album that Davex2 keep talking about.
I agree just do the album lol. These things are usually lacking budget. And desire to make a real game.

Hmm interesting.Crazy fast huh? lol I mis Pontiac.

They're not as fast as Ferraris etc but considering that 90% of them are glorified shopping trolleys that get driven to work Monday to Friday and to the supermarket on Saturday they are a bit of an overkill in the speed department. Back when our sedan racing first took off in the 50's and 60's the mantra used to be "race on Sunday sell on Monday" and they kind of lived by that, you couldn't buy a race spec car and put it on the road but the car you could put on the road was 80% what they raced, same chassis, same shape, same panels, detuned engine, road going running gear. Wasn't until the late 90's that really changed.

I agree just do the album lol. These things are usually lacking budget. And desire to make a real game.

I've got no idea what budget one needs to make a game, even if it's not in the class of World of Warcraft or Call Of Duty, but nerds do charge a lot so it's probably quite substantial and there would have to be a big risk that such an offering wouldn't make money. More and more bands these days are saying it's not worth making new albums because of how little they sell, I can't see games being any better.