The what's going on in Thrash thread

Yeah no kidding. I didn't order for two reasons. Price and it says it's done the way Dave intended and you'll hear things you didn't before. And that's the same thing they said about those remasters a few years ago and those were awful.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I still wonder if it was really the way he intended it or he's just saying that to give it a reason for sounding different and remastering it in the first place.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Yeah I wouldn't bet against that being true.

The new ReIdolized CD from Blackie is the same. There is six new songs on it (at least one was on a recent album) but he claims when he originally did Idol the record label said it was too long and those six tracks had to come off the final cut. He also said redoing it gave him the chance to add more to what was there that they label didn't agree to first.

I guess now days it's hard to prove otherwise so one sort of has to believe the words as written.

Reactions: redfly
Yeah I don't remember exactly when Blackie cleaned up his act, I think Dave first claimed to clean up in the mid 90's, but the kind of shit they were on and the frequency in which they were on it meant a lot of things now have to be remembered in hindsight. I know many bands have masters and demos floating around that can help them remember a bit but there is obviously some big holes in history.

Some of them should have been sucked into a black hole. :)

I didn't read the article but I saw a headline today where someone from Skid Row, might have been Snake, claimed that the second they heard the new singer sing the old songs it was like the songs were written for him. I find that hard to believe, so hard I couldn't read the article even for the giggles. Even without hearing the guy I know there is no one that could sing the early SR stuff other than Sebbie (the way he was back then) and to suggest this new guy could do it shows just what sort of dreamers Skid Row have become...they should have been sucked into one of those black holes years ago.

It was Rachel, big surprise right? He used to be my favorite member. But now whenever he talks I roll my eyes and kind of want to shake him and not stop.

I almost can't tell them apart now they all speak shit and I'm sure it's just to get a rise out of the fans or Sebbie (both of which probably wont let them down)

I can understand talking up a new member, especially a singer but to make that sort of claim when it's clear that no one could sing the songs like Sebbie used to just makes them look stupid. The guy could be the best singer in the world but no one is what Sebbie used to be just like no one is what Axl used to be

This is in Moari (CC can be turned on) but it's not bad for a couple of kids proud of their heritage.
Apparently they are the youngest band to sing to Napalm and their latest release is a little more mainstream but there is some heavy shit in their catalogue which dates the youngest back to 13. Even now I think the oldest is only 17 or something.

This turned up on FB this morning, both side by side in the same post. Love the contrast between the two pics. It's like "Mad Dave's" "Happy Dave's"

30443038_10155175643102330_4980726444771508224_n.jpg

30411621_10155175644652330_964652772827856896_n.jpg

Also been checking out this guys this morning
http://www.axegressor.net/
There is a link on the page that goes to an order page for the new album with three videos in it that shows some promise. Going to check out the back catalogue.