The what's going on in Thrash thread

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ov...ing-we-had-to-understand-the-business-aspect/

Not really anything new (I think weekend is summary articles time on Blabber). But since they aren't an anniversary band I'm glad they chose Horrorscope and Feel The Fire as their two albums to do anniversaries for even if it was only done because they owed the label a DVD
Two great picks for sure. I'd love them to do Years Of Decay. But honestly I'm not sure they could do it justice as it had so many nuances. Maybe if they ever reunite with Bobby G. Not that I'm holding my breath.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Two great picks for sure. I'd love them to do Years Of Decay. But honestly I'm not sure they could do it justice as it had so many nuances. Maybe if they ever reunite with Bobby G. Not that I'm holding my breath.

Did you see the comment on the blabber article about owing Bobby 30 years of royalties :)

Reactions: Neptune
Honestly I don't blame them in some ways. If I could afford two houses I'd be happy to sit on one to get the "right" price and I would price it high, but not all of us can do it. My parents sat on the house we grew up in for nearly 12 months to get the right price but only because they owned it outright, if they were still paying it back to the bank they'd have needed to sell it quick to pay of a loan. If you put work into a house you do feel that it owes you something that most buyers don't think of.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
From what the article says Dave reckons he made it "hobbit" like so I can imagine that sort of thing is the sort of thing not all buyers would appreciate took time and money unless they were interested in the same things Dave is.

To me its like painting a feature wall in a house. Years ago when we were looking at selling people said a feature wall can sell a property, but I always looked at them as they can only sell to the right person. If a buyer doesn't like purple painting a feature wall that colour could be a turn off. The other potential problem with doing something like what Dave suggests he did is finding a fan but a fan who thinks the work you did is not faithful to the tribute, they might see the money spent but not accept the final concept.

Yeah they do and there is quite a bit of footage come out from their shows lately I really hope they have some good stuff for a pro-release soon. Although I suppose it will have to wait until they finish the tours.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune