The what's going on in Thrash thread

Waldemar Sorychta — former GRIP INC. guitarist who has produced a number of acclaimed albums from SODOM, MOONSPELL and TIAMAT, among others — played guitar for New Jersey thrashers OVERKILL for three shows on the latter band's current European headlining tour after regular OVERKILL guitarist Dave Linsk was unable to make the dates.

Sorychta, who made his live debut with OVERKILL on November 8 at Batschkapp in Frankfurt, Germany, told BLABBERMOUTH.NET about the experience: "Somehow they called me… well, [they contacted me] through KREATOR.... I listened to some songs and said yes, I can do it. [I had to learn] 15 songs.

" got a call [on a] Friday night... [That] Saturday [I had] to search for all the songs on YouTube.... and make clear which tuning [the songs are played in] etc. and at night started to practice, but I did it.... It's what counts.

" got bloody fingers... It's not only to learn [the songs]. I can do it quick, but to have them for any situation, by heart, memorized without [making a] mistake live with a band you don't even know the songs [of].... Sorry to say. I said to them too; 'That's nothing without respect, [but I] just I didnt know your songs three days ago.'

"[It's a] funny crazy story, but i did it. The first day, of course, I had to watch [my hand] many times, but [by] the last [show], I felt almost like home and then [I had] to leave.... Hahaha… But it was an] amazing, great and funny time. made new friends."

That's crazy! how and why did they happen to get him? He didn't know them really and they had to go through Kreator to get Him? Weird. Anyway..

Waldemar Sorychta — former GRIP INC. guitarist who has produced a number of acclaimed albums from SODOM, MOONSPELL and TIAMAT, among others — played guitar for New Jersey thrashers OVERKILL for three shows on the latter band's current European headlining tour after regular OVERKILL guitarist Dave Linsk was unable to make the dates.

Sorychta, who made his live debut with OVERKILL on November 8 at Batschkapp in Frankfurt, Germany, told BLABBERMOUTH.NET about the experience: "Somehow they called me… well, [they contacted me] through KREATOR.... I listened to some songs and said yes, I can do it. [I had to learn] 15 songs.

" got a call [on a] Friday night... [That] Saturday [I had] to search for all the songs on YouTube.... and make clear which tuning [the songs are played in] etc. and at night started to practice, but I did it.... It's what counts.

" got bloody fingers... It's not only to learn [the songs]. I can do it quick, but to have them for any situation, by heart, memorized without [making a] mistake live with a band you don't even know the songs [of].... Sorry to say. I said to them too; 'That's nothing without respect, [but I] just I didnt know your songs three days ago.'

"[It's a] funny crazy story, but i did it. The first day, of course, I had to watch [my hand] many times, but [by] the last [show], I felt almost like home and then [I had] to leave.... Hahaha… But it was an] amazing, great and funny time. made new friends."

That's crazy! how and why did they happen to get him? He didn't know them really and they had to go through Kreator to get Him? Weird. Anyway..

That is a very weird story,you wouldn't think they would have to look that far for someone to fill in!Gustafson comes to mind lol!I'm sorry that wasn't very funny was it?

You know,it certainly sounds like the revolving door is starting up again!Ron's been out for awhile,and now Dave? I know they've been citing family issues so maybe that's the real cause.

Yeah I would think there would be tons of people they could ask that already knew the stuff lol
I think Linsk is awesome, but honestly I wouldn't mind a change. But. DD is still writing all the music so I'm not sure how much it would matter.
Now is the absolute perfect time For /bobby to come back! C'mon! everybody's doin it!

Yeah I would think there would be tons of people they could ask that already knew the stuff lol
I think Linsk is awesome, but honestly I wouldn't mind a change. But. DD is still writing all the music so I'm not sure how much it would matter.
Now is the absolute perfect time For /bobby to come back! C'mon! everybody's doin it!
I wish that would happen,but I'm afraid there seem's to be too much bad blood for that to materialize :(