The what's going on in Thrash thread

I know,seems as though Linsk is the one who likes things on the heavier side! I remember a very old interview where Blitz liked the way Ron would steer the ship on new ideas,well I guess we can kiss that goodbye!

Reactions: redfly
Overkill really needs to let people other than Verni write, the music's starting to get really repetitive and stagnant again. It's thrash so there's always going to be some of that, but still.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
I know,seems as though Linsk is the one who likes things on the heavier side! I remember a very old interview where Blitz liked the way Ron would steer the ship on new ideas,well I guess we can kiss that goodbye!

Yes I remember that interview, he said it in a few different ones. I don't mind Verni's take on writing but when you're talking about him being the only real writer for ..I don't know how long everything sounds the same and there are lots of repeats from album to album (Blitz is also guilty of this)
I love Overkill, always will. I always buy their stuff. But they are hit or miss for me or worse.It's like a three to one ratio. They just get on a certain track and just beat it to absolute death.
I sometimes also think that maybe their mantra of being the blue collar band keeps them in a rut a bit. It's okay to do a fancy solo or a weird twist or whatever! They don't have to keep it so straight forward. I think their best stuff is the stuff that has more than one flavor. Like Decay or Horrorscope or even I hear Black, not that everything is gold on the latter, but it wasn't boring. WFO was more straight forward but it worked, but then they beat that sound into the ground for a couple albums. Then they mixed it up again on Underground which was cool but once again ran it into the ground after that. I think Immortalis was the start of something great again and then Ironbound is killer! But now it's kind of been being back to beating that to death.
I guess my only conclusion is to get Bobby and Ron back :D but seriously, they need a second writer more than they needed a second guitar player.
Still first day buyer:headbang:

Reactions: one man and Neptune
Absolutely,they definitely went into more Of a groove sound from The Killing Kind album on. Ironbound was a good return to form,but agreed everything after that seems rehashed and to a degree uninspired!But no matter what,they still kick ass!!!

Without watching that video, I hope Kragen gets a few solos on the next Exodus album since he's practically in the band at this point.

I really like Kragen,monster player and a very humble guy.That would really be cool if there was some material from him on the next Exodus album.His work with Prototype is stellar.

You have some valid points there about Overkill, redfly. I love this band to death, but have similar reservations as to their development or the lack thereof in certain periods or aspects. It goes without saying that I will always praise them for keeping it busy and helping this kind of music survive.

I'll be picking this up for sure!A question Redfly,in the first trailer where they show the footage of finding the tapes what track is that with the haunting clean tones? I am a bit rusty again!lol!