The "which demo are you worshipping" Thread

Funeral - To Mourn is a Virtue '97

Most would agree that this is better than the To Mourn Is A Virtue album released in 2011. Only the first song, "Wrapped all in Woe", features in the 2011 album with the original vocals of Sarah Eick preserved, as the final song. The next four songs are reworked with Frode Forsmo's vocals as the first four songs on the To Mourn Is A Virtue 2011, and they are rather forgettable there, so you're better off listening to the originals.

The guy behind the amqzing Death Kneel (death industrial sorta stuff) did two demos of a band called Veil and Lamentation which are pretty awesome.

Synth pop/post punk style synths with BM drums and vocals. Pretty raw. Interesting to see (or hear) what Death Kneel evolved from.

Recently discovered Genocide of Japan, almost unrelated to the band that released Black Sanctuary (same bassist between both bands)

Right now listening to Genocide of Chicago, thrashy USPM, not a completely consistent demo but it has its moments

Reactions: CiG
I figured there's got to be more idiots than just me that loves demo recordings in here.

Often the raw, charming fuzz of a demo tape can even slaughter the studio recordings that follow and then there's the great bands that never made it beyond the demo phase, so share some of your favourites with me (because really this is for my pleasure in the end) and I'll share mine with you!

507605c67d2bdbba6f1f0b3dae7b90d6.jpg

Surely this is one of the greatest demo recordings of all time? F.O.A.D. if you disagree.

(Edit: I checked and there are two other demo threads, both 3 years or more inactive and they didn't get very far when they were active, so if this one also dies quickly feel free to delete it, but I'd like very much for it to become a weathered topic and stay around.)

Good thread. First that comes to mind is this.

Hatred Surge.jpg

It isn't Scum but it's fascinating to hear a bunch of teens change music.

Reactions: tagradh and CiG
Napalm Death's deathrock/anarchocore/whateverthefuckitis stuff is really cool

Destruction clones from the Bay Area in 1985