The White Darkess is here !

Dan Swanö;6129032 said:
ít may sound digital because it is a digital recording??? :)

Of course, and Nightingale being digital is no problem for me :) - However, I think the "Invisible" mix had a certain room and warmth to it.. but, as said, I'm not gonna rant too much untill I hear the whole WD album, just one song won't trade the whole feel. And the synth-solos rule btw.

I had a listen to Invisible this weekend and it´s no question that it is a good sounding record. I just wanted to go with a different kind of production this time. Invisible was dead-dry and this one is more ambient and "BIG". WHo knows what the next one will sound like. "Hotter than hell" maybe??

Yup, gotta love the tight rhythm-guitars in Still Alive!
I gave this new song another spin, really digging how close and warm the vocal-mix is. And, yeah, it is definately a different sounding record compared to the last one, which is nice, exploring new soundscapes.

Needles to say, it sounded a helluva lot better in the station's studio than on my laptop speakers.. love the keys!

can someone rehost that file or email it to me. Links are dead:cry:

or you can just email it to me
greg.steamroller at gmail.com

Dan Swanö;6129958 said:
I had a listen to Invisible this weekend and it´s no question that it is a good sounding record. I just wanted to go with a different kind of production this time. Invisible was dead-dry and this one is more ambient and "BIG". WHo knows what the next one will sound like. "Hotter than hell" maybe??

Honestly I still like the sound of "The Breathing Shadow" the most. Specially the echoey lead guitar and unconventional bass.

The new song grows with every listen, and I think the new sound is nothing but amazing. There`s enough bands that release the same album over and over again!

Like bands as Moonspell and Metallica, that tends to have a new sound with every release. No wonder why they along with the mighty Nightingale are mongst my favourite bands.

I really can`t wait to buy White Darkness and sit down with the first spin of the whole tracklist.

:Smokin:

It's a nice song, I just wish the absolutely beautiful piano part in the beginning would have been longer, and a bigger feature in the song. Other than that, fine work! And as mentioned, cool synths :loco:

Dan Swanö;6132667 said:
Cool that you guys like the song. It´s a good summary of the album.

Then this album will be one of the best yet!

Will be hard for me to like something more than The Breathing Shadow though ;)

Yeah, it's a good song. Sounds very epic and the fukin kick ass solos rock. The production is sounding pretty awesome in my "pretty decent" speakers. As someone else said you'll probably skip this song when the album arrives since you already heard it 100 times...

Now i'm really looking forward to the release of the album !

I've always been wondering what it's like putting out a song/record, from a musicians point of view? I mean..You've been working hard on this for a long time and have been pouring your soul into it..Aren't you nervous as all hell about how people are gonna react to it? For you, every record probably feels like it's your child or something, and I can understand that with all the work and soul that goes into it. Thank god the criticism has been positive so far, I can't even imagine what it's like putting a cd out.. I mean, it must feel like you're putting out a part of yourself, exposing some of your feelings. I've always been interested in these kinda things. :)