"Intro" - ~4:00
"Sons of Winter and Stars" - ~14:00
"Land of Snow and Sorrow" - ~8:00
"Time" - ~10:00
"Fire" - ~10:00
"One with the Shadows" - ~6:00
"Storm" - ~13:00
"Silver Leaves" - ~10:00

I know thats old news but hopefully somebody else has heard something new.

I've been waiting for it longer than I want to remember... Years...

But yeah! In fact I can tell you the latest news. Jari posted this on the forum on August 28th:

It´s subjective. Maybe about 70% of the orchestrations is done, but the remaining 30% is still hell of a lot work, especially the way I have to work.

Can´t still predict any release dates, also because I fear the mixing could be pure hell with the tools I have available. But who knows, it could be easy as well. Still nothing else has been easy making this record, so I´m not expecting the mixing to be any different...

Vocals are done about 80-85%, but I´ve saved all hardest parts for last.

Yeah, that's where it is right now. Kai Hahto has declared the album to be amazing on a couple of occasions, and Jari seems to be happy with it despite it being impossible to recreate his vision to full effect with the tools he's working with.

Sometimes taking way too long to record an album hurts in the long run as peoples' expectations get way too high. By the time the album comes out they begin to feel that it isn't as good after all the hype they let themselves create. I know that I was pretty let down by SyX's latest release, and a lot of it probably had to do with having to wait so many years to hear it.

All I know is that after all the trouble it is taking for Time to be finished it sure is a fitting name. The band must really think that this album will give them the breakthrough they need to get signed with all the stuff they have had to deal with getting it done.

Didn't someone post on this forum the other week that the album leaked? Riiight

It was a hoax/joke. I asked the poster personally. I has not leaked as the album is not even finished yet.

But regarding Ensiferum. I haven't heard the new one (has it been released?), but Dragonheads was lacking and even Victory Songs was kinda meh for me although fans seem to like it.

I'll eat my socks if Time isn't better than all the latest Ensiferum releases.

It was a hoax/joke. I asked the poster personally. I has not leaked as the album is not even finished yet.

But regarding Ensiferum. I haven't heard the new one (has it been released?), but Dragonheads was lacking and even Victory Songs was kinda meh for me although fans seem to like it.

I'll eat my socks if Time isn't better than all the latest Ensiferum releases.

The new Ensiferum is like Victory Songs, in other words not even remotely close to being as good as the first albums.

If Time doesn't top the new Ensiferum I'll eat my socks as well.

"Get signed"? They're already on Nuclear Blast.

That is hard to believe being that one of the main things I kept hearing everytime the album got pushed back before was that they had financial issues (i.e. day jobs, computer failures, etc..)?

I am not doubting you as I do kind of remember them being on Nuclear Blast; however, it just seems strange that they are signed and seem to not really have any financial support?

Nuclear Blast have of course given them financial support. Jari has ever blamed the label for the problems. But the label obviously can't afford stuff like them using a huge hi-tech studio for weeks. Here's a one quite Jari post that also touches the label support:

Someone on the forum: why is jari so obsessed with having his own studio?

Few reasons:

1. I could work at least 2X faster. (Maybe even 3X faster, if I could get the perfect "template" for the studio setup and projects). I could make and finish records like a freaking factory = more albums for you guys.

You know Hans Zimmer has a freaking computer farm with ten computers or more, I need something like that! Realtime is King and RAM is God! But unfortunetaly we´re not there yet, so I have to survive with 1 computer and 4GB RAM... sigh.

2. We would get much better productions = more ass kicking from the speakers!

3. The productions would reflect much more my end vision of the particular projects.

4. Everything would be so much easier, I could just relax and create music without workarounds = that means also better music, I work better when I´m not stressed.

5. We would save money for not having to use expensive commercial studios anymore. We could put that money for example upgrading our liveshow, websites and shit like that... Or take a long vacation in hawaii.

So it´s not really an obsession, but more like a necessity. But it´s probably not gonna happen in a long time, so I guess it´s pointless to fantasize about it now, makes me even more stressed and sad.

But it´s the same with everyone, we always feel bad about what we don´t have, instead of feeling happy what we do have. But I guess without that desire we would still be in the trees eating bananas.

Of course in this case though, you know the studio is just a tool for work, a MUCH BETTER tool, but I just have to appreciate the tools I got now and work the best I can with them. (Well actually I don´t even own most of the tools I have now, our manager and record company does). So I´m gonna be their little bitch for a loooooong time.

Just remember when the Time comes, support us and hopefully we´ll be able to get the next album out faster. Please understand that we´re just a really small operation with limited gear and funds.

p.s. Kai said it well to me: "You´re building a skyscraper with a hammer".

I think that Jari is actually kinda in a huge debt to the record company. Nothing comes for free.

I hope they put up some merch or digital downloads because I have no use for CDs but I do want to support them.

Merch is sure to follow. I'd imagine that Nuclear Blast will market the hell out of the album when it is finally released. And isn't a digital album release pretty much a norm these days?

I'd rather have Jari over Petri, but I really like From Afar...Ensiferum is still one of the premier folk metal bands around :kickass:

I listened to From Afar today and I liked it too. It's better than Victory Songs actually. Not a bad effort at all.

Yeah, I skimmed through Victory Songs and Dragonheads last night to compare (been a while since I listened to those), and From Afar is BY FAR the best Petri-era Ensiferum release, good stuff. Seems a little more diverse, better orchestrations, better vocals & choirs, better melodies, and some cool breakdowns (like the Ennio Morricone-esque [spaghetti western composer] section in Stone Cold Metal).