The worst DT-songs

Villain

Doctor BenQuillity
May 7, 2001
Finland
Visit site
Okay, I'm gonna make a poll for the worst-ever DT-song and I need some suggestions. (Archetype will NOT be included)

The following songs will at least be there:

-My Faeryland Forgotten
-Midway through Infinity
-Dissolution Factor Red
-Day to End
-The Same

Let me know, which DT-song(s) you hate. :(

-Villain

Actually I find the word hate a bit strong for any DT song. I can´t really name a single DT song that I hate. I do like some songs more than others but I like em all in some way.Ultimately I don´t really see the point in this poll.

Yep, I tried to use that angry smiley to show that the word "hate" was mainly a joke, but apparently failed. The idea is to choose the song that you think could be a lot better, had the band done it better.

So, which songs you don't like so much?

-Villain

Many of the songs on Skydancer would have been a lot better with Stanne doin´what he does the best...:) But since I acctually like every song on skydancer eccept Nightfall... My vote´s for that one! (beeing on the worst poll)
BTW why not name it "the song that is the least likeable" or something like that... Worst makes it sound like there are many bad songs...:)

Just my cents

-phyros-

I don't like _that_ much few songs on Skydancer but that's all. (and Fearyland Forgotten is not on that list...)

And The song The Same is damn great to me!!!! I really don't understand why it's on your list vilain!! But that's ok, tastes I presume...

Phyre, do you think that in tears bereaved is the worst DT song??

It's one of my favourites actually. Midway through infinity on the other hand is fruktansvärt dålig.

I think A bolt of blazing gold could be a much greater song with todays Mikael Clean vocals ( havent got a hold of that japanesse bootleg with the funny spelling errors...just like mineones :lol: )
Besides that i got no complaints at all...well maybe that i would want to hear hedon live with the killer uptempo part at the last part and mikael doing the speaking voice on " Hedon, a monument sculped by the teeth of time ..."

yeah i dont HATE any songs, why the hell is The Same on your list, I fuckin love that song, one of my favs on Haven. Anyway,

-Day to End (just to slow and gloomy, not the vocal just pace)
-Nightfall (totally agree, dunt like that song that much)

other than that not much else annoys me....LONG LIVE DT ;)

the same is on the list because it got very few votes on the poll, i assume. nothing personal (i happen to like that song a lot, too).

my pick is for midway through infinity, which i always disregarded as a tedious repetition of the concepts in shadow duet, without further musical inspiration. i don't hate it, i merely think that there are many non-dt song i much rather like to listen to.

rahvin.

YES, how the hell can you choose "The Same" it's a Killer Goddamn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no worst songs, love em all !

(V)adnessDK :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thanks for the input!

The Same was indeed there just because it seems to be "not-so-special" rather than being bad. So, I'll leave it outside the poll, unless someone now insists me to add it there.

It is good to see the variety of opinions and the different tastes people here have. I think it is surely not a sign of weakness from the band to have songs that are loved by someone and at the same time ignored by someone else; while everyone here agrees that the band has some incredibly great songs! I say it just testifies the band's honesty and ability to make music that touches people's emotions, unlike many other bands on earth.

So, the list of the songs for the "least good DT-songs" -poll now looks like this:

-Nightfall by the Shore of Time
-In Tears Bereaved
-My Faeryland Forgotten
-Midway through Infinity
-Dissolution Factor Red
-ThereIn
-Day to End

No songs from Haven at this point - should some be added? I'd go for either Feast of Burden or Emptier Still, but it seems that no-one else dislikes 'em. And I never cared much for Fabric or The Same, but they are still a bit better than many songs on the above list, IMO.

How about Atom Heart 243.5? I don't like it, as well as I don't like Zodijackyl Light(!). And what do people think of The One Brooding Warning? It is not much liked, but how bad it is? I could throw Exposure there on the list as well...

More comments, please!

-Villain

garr, i still couldn't get hold on any othe cds apart from projecor, and from this rather narrow point of view, day to end would be it. but i remember a friend of mine showed me a few songs from the minds i, which i disliked at the first glance. but i should borrow this cd and listen to it more concentrated, i think. the thing which annoyed me were the "schweinsgalopp"-drums (meaning 2/4 double bassdrum with ride cymbal on 1 and snare on 2). but i can't tell you a song name.

@villain: indeed all songs on haven sound at least a little better than those you put on the list (except for my faeryland forgotten and maybe in tears bereaved, but there is a quality/mixing factor about songs from skydancer which i think is relevant in choosing), and feast of burden (my fav) and emptier still are far from being the poorest. i don't know, maybe ego drama might be added, but it's better if more names pop up on their own (i.e., people say they don't like those tracks).
on the other hand i think adding exposure should be a no-no... why not freecard, then? as for the one brooding warning, i don't think it sucks, despite being a little fragmentary and lacking some polish: you don't exactly recall its name or any particular bit, but i wouldn't call it totally unrelevant or boring (the gallery is worse, imho).
if you feel like it, you might post different polls, ruling out only the songs that got most votes in the 'best of' polls (so i'm afraid you'd better take out therein... i don't like it particularly, but people broadly do). that was just a hint, anyway.

rahvin.

All I've got to say is take therein off of the list. It's a great song. I enjoy all of their albums from start to finish. Certainly some songs stand out more than others, but it's not like some bands that have songs that don't belong or just plain suck. On albums like those, I'll actually burn them minus the offending songs. I couldn't imagine doing that to any DT.

Uhhh, this is getting too hard. I think I should first spend some time thinking about the best way it could be done and then make the poll/polls.

Meanwhile, keep throwing some ideas at me!

-Villain (the desperate poll-maker)

how dare you criticize the gods?!? they never did anything wrong because it is THEM goddammit and none of you is a real fan because having an opinion is not good for real fans you TRAITORS!!!!! BLABLABLA!!!!!!!!!!
hehe, err, i don't like skydancer as a whole at all...:D

As a veteran of the fruit wars I am waiting for the apples...:lol: