The WORST thing about Opeth is......

I'd have to agree with whoever said that after hearing Opeth, everything (musically) went downhill. Almost no bands sounded exceptional anymore. They took away the joy of finding a band and being able to say "Wow! They are the greatest thing I've ever heard!". Luckily, through lots of searching through more obscure bands, i've been able to say that a few times, though not nearly as often as before.

Originally posted by requiem
I think it's great that Opeth have relatively kept the same sound throughout their career. I've never particularly noticed it before, but compared to bands like My Dying Bride, Anathema and Katatonia (three of my favourites), Opeth have maintained the standard and general feel in all their albums.

i see your point although opeth have only been around for just over 5 years or so, other bands that have changed, say Katatonia (and i love both styles of music) have been around for 6 years i think before their change, and with plans for a double album for opeth things may change (and i look forward to that 2cd album)

I don't really feel much like all other music went downhill (I know what you're saying) I'd rather say that my taste went up and the other music I listened to stayed the same. Same difference, but not. :err:

The worst thing IMO about Opeth is that they're merchandise is hard to come by and when you do, you can't always afford it because it was imported.

"The pale face...you went as far as you could."

:headbang:

Opeth is excellent. I feel like an idiot trying to find something wrong with them. Although some of thier music is repetitive and predictable, it only adds to the quality of the music. I guess the only thing thast I don't like about Opeth is that they make me think too much.

I think Opeth can be repetitive, but in this particular case is a positive thing. To me the songs sometimes kinda hypnotise you and you are just there in awe and then it comes an unexpected change and so on, its an approach ive never seen before opeth and i quite like it

Originally posted by Confessor
Duvall: I mean Opeth doesnt only repeat themselves within each albums. Alot of riffs sound the same. The structure of songs are basically still the same yet. etc
Its time for some change for the next album.
I hope it will happen.
Cause if not then theyll be the new AC DC along with Deicide. :)

what I don't think that the albums sond the same. as for the stucture all songs have to have some kinda sturcture to them but they don't just use the simple intro, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, outro. They acutally but some filling into there arrangment. but I guess that just my opinon.

the worst think about opeth. . . well I'd have to say the end of the album :(

well I put my 2 cents in I hope your happy

The only bad thing about Opeth is, they didn't fucking play The Twilight is my Robe when i saw them at the House of Blues last year. But due to the fact that pretty much all of their songs kick ass, I will let this mistake slide

Hmm...
Only one bad thing about Opeth and it is pretty stupid, and it's the beginning of The Moor... IT PISSES ME OFF! :lol:
Only because that first little bit goes on for almost 2 minutes.. It just annoys me.. I could handle a minute, but not two...!

Other than that... I have no complaints!

No wait, I do... They haven't come to Australia..!!

HEAR THAT OPETH?!?! AAUUSSTTRAALLIIAA!!! Damn you...! :p

Biggest complaint? It'll be a year until we see their next album(s). So my complaint is that Mikael doesn't have a time shed. It would solve all our problems.

-Hondo

I have two problems with Opeth, and both are previously
mentioned on this thread.

First of all, Opeth has ruined lots of music for me :)

Second of all, Opeth takes too much of my time!
I know that Peter Lindgren studies at university....how
can he combine that with Opeth, when I'M having trouble
combining th etwo (studying and opeth)!

Lakestream:
Do you have any idea what he is studying???
i'm very curious to know...
Hmmm jensen from the haunted is studying Psychology...