Theocracy Music Video (Hide In The Fairytale)

I hope this Dan Drescher does a better job for Theocracy than he did for another band's video I seen this morning. It was quite plain and boring, seemed like a cookie cutter video with no real concept or direction.

Perhaps Mr. Drescher simply films the video's and has nothing to do with the overall theme? Let's hope so.

Well, just keep in mind that Theocracy's music video budget probably isn't as large as some of the bigger bands out there. Don't expect TOO much concept-wise.

Personally, I'm pretty excited about it! :D

As soon as I saw the topic title, I though, "well, SeaStorm will be happy about that." :)

I must admit, it wasn't one of the songs I would have picked, but having said that, I'm certainly not displeased. Like everything else on ATWB, it's a killer song, and it's super-catchy to boot. I also have a strong suspicion that it's particularly great live, but that's another matter.

Anyway, looking forward to this. I'm not generally a fan of music videos, but I'm all for anything that helps promote Theocracy. :D

I think its a great idea to pick a song other than the 3 singles (I Am, Nailed, and 30 Pieces) to hopefully get more exposure :). Cant wait :hotjump:

Fairytale admittedly wouldn't have been my first choice from ATWB, but it definitely gets stuck in my head more than any of the others.

I'm still waiting on that Marty music vid!

I would love to see MoS as a video, It would practically be a mini movie. For some reason I think it would make a great animated music video, but that's just me.

On a more pragmatic note... ;) I think that Altar to the Unknown God is crying out for a music video on so many levels.

I would love to see MoS as a video, It would practically be a mini movie. For some reason I think it would make a great animated music video, but that's just me.

I've mentioned before that I think MoS would make for a great short film. I envision it as being a work based on the song though, rather than a really long music video. Maybe some instrumental excerpts and some additional music by Matt for the soundtrack. It's the kind of narrative that would lend itself well to that sort of adaptation.

Creating a music video for a Theocracy song is like creating a movie based on a book. It may turn out to be an awesome video, but it will never do the original media justice.

dog-snickering.gif

Creating a music video for a Theocracy song is like creating a movie based on a book. It may turn out to be an awesome video, but it will never do the original media justice.

I see no comparison at all. The movie isn't in place of the song; it is in addition to the song, played at the same time as the song. It IS the original media. There is no question of "doing it justice."

JayArby, I see your distinction, but I bet ty-chan was making the distinction this way: books are magical because your brain fills in the visuals. When you see a movie adaptation and you see what someone else thought the visuals should be, they are almost never as good. The same can be true for music videos. Once you start seeing the director's visuals (especially with a "story" song), it can never be as great as it was in your own mind.

If that's how he meant it, I can see the comparison, even though the source material is being used. Just a thought. I had actually never thought of it that way before until just now and I'm not sure I'd agree with that, but I could see that line of thinking.