Theocracy show in Finland announced!

Nice! I so wish I could find a way to attend this :erk:

I used Google's translator on the band bio page (from Finish to English) and auto-translators come up with some of the most curious turns of phrase:

"Theocracy is a progressive metal band a unique band that was born vocalist Matt Smith's one-man project in 2002. The band's early publications were soon surprisingly a lot of praise from critics.

Since then, a full size metal band Theocracy grown-making operation critically acclaimed albums in the early publications since. In particular, the band's insanely hard level of technical mastery and epic melodies are the things that lift this band completely on its own layer.

Although the band has not previously occurred in Finland, Finland is not at all Theocracylle unknown land, the band's breakthrough album, Mirror of Souls mastered in Finland. Expect from the band's own words, impatient for the first gig in Finland. The permit is to say the least spectacular."

That sounds like a great event. I'm an HB fan, and seeing them along with Theocracy would be a real treat. Demon Hunter is kind of cool too from what I've heard of them.

Congrats on your first show in Finland guys. :)

Wait, HB is going to be there, too??? I missed that.

[mentally trying to figure out someway I can justify a Scandinavian trip in the spring]

Theocracy and Demon Hunter in one show?

Anyone have some spare plane tickets and/or a copy of Finnish for dummies?

Vappugospel seems to start being comparable to Maatanäkyvissä. The organisers have done a good job getting really awesome bands like Theocracy to show up :p I'm definately going :p

The only band more popular I see on the list is Demon Hunter, so Theocracy should be direct support. At a festival, that means 45minutes to an hour of playtime. So Theocracy will probably get to play 6-9 songs.

I get the impression that HB is very successful within Finland, so I think they would qualify as more popular than Theocracy for this audience.

I believe that Vappugospel will give Theocracy more time than HB. I don't know how to explain why I think this way, but from what I've seen in previous festivals, I'd quess it's like this :p

Yeah, SeaStorm, but Theocracy is also apparently pretty big over there....headlining tours and whatnot ;)

It's weird to think about them that way when nobody over here has heard of them....

Anyway, and I know this doesn't matter in terms of settime, but HB's album reviews are much, much lower than Theocracy's....probably due to the cheesy lyrics and the lack of Theocracy's "oomph"

Just as a comment, HB's lyrics are much less cheesy in Finnish, the band's native language :p
But yes, definitely Theocracy is better than HB, at least in my opinion :)

Well the first concert was:
GodFM
Idän Ihmeet
(Anton Laurila played two songs here but he wasn't in the official list)
Theocracy
Lilly Among Thorns

Then there was a break.

And the second concert was:
Ruudolf & Karrikoira
HB
LZ7
Demon Hunter

I would have put Lilly before Theocracy but well the people at Vappugospel are quite mysterious :D And also I don't remember how long HB played (not being too attentive at that point) but Theocracy was given 50min and I spent it all in the front :)

Well, if the 2 concerts were identical, it looks like Theocracy got more time than HB....and so did LZ7 and Lilly Among Thorns, which is weird. I thought for sure Demon Hunter, Theocracy, and HB were the biggest bands there. I've never heard of LZ7 or Lilly Among Thorns.

We had a 50 minute set, and HB's was 50 as well I believe

I was not familiar with LZ7 going in, but they definitely had the biggest crowd (even bigger then DH's). I felt bad for Demon Hunter having to follow them actually, as the crowd's energy was at a all time high during the LZ7 set, so that's quite a thing to follow.