Theocracy song suggestions

May 1, 2014
I didn't see a thread around like this, so I took the initiative. In case Theocracy is having trouble coming up with themes and content (or perhaps just in the mood for suggestions), they can find them here.

To begin, I would like to hear a song about unconditional love, whether it be God's or ours. Even more so I would like to hear a praise and worship song.

For me, it would depend on the worship song. Most modern-day praise songs are cliché and seemingly uninspired. I'd be okay with them covering a song like Cannons by Phil Whikham, but there are very, very few praise songs that I'd be willing to hear from Theocracy (or... well, anyone else).

For me, it would depend on the worship song. Most modern-day praise songs are cliché and seemingly uninspired. I'd be okay with them covering a song like Cannons by Phil Whikham, but there are very, very few praise songs that I'd be willing to hear from Theocracy (or... well, anyone else).

I hear you. I was thinking of something like "You won't relent," "Blessed be your name," etc. Of course, an original praise and worship song (similar to I AM) is always welcome.

Four cord progression, catchy riff, having lyrics so simplistic that even the town drunk gets it the second time, rhyming hallelujah with hallelujah, make sure something is on fire (whether our generation, our souls, our conviction, SOMETHING has to be in flames) throw in some wooooahs and you're ready for a summer camp!

Hearing Matt attempt something intended for a worship context would be interesting - maybe modern hymnody, like the Gettys, Townend, and Sovereign Grace - but I don't think there is any way it would work as heavy metal. There's just too many aspects of music necessary for congregational appropriateness that fly against the spirit of metal. However, having heard Matt's little ventures in other genres, I'm sure he would pull off something great.

I was leaning towards this mindset:
But I'll check out Scelerata out of curiosity now :D

Last edited by a moderator:
XxÜltimetallïumxX;10851974 said:
I seriously want Matt to try some aggressive vocals :rofl: But not this agressive^

Honestly, I'm not confident that he would be a good metalcore vocalist (sorry Matt). His voice is quite melodic and it seems to work great with the genre he is currently in. I guess it would be cool if he did one song, though.

I highly doubt Matt and the rest of the band would need any help coming up with ideas as their creativity seems to have no limit. However, they probably need our support and patience the most.

buuuttt, if they were to write a worship song I'm sure this video would help. XD

Last edited by a moderator: