There should be laws against bad reviews (SSMT review of My Fruit..)

i just read that stuff, greg.

i like how your honesty sent them into a self-questioning sort of tailspin.

this rog dude is SO fourth rate Borivoj Krgin...

I agree, you did a fine job defending your band's approach toward composition, and this thread along with the one on SSMT should have me listening to the debut to see if it still strikes me as being weird or more likely conventional compared to what followed...

yeah, greg's responses are great and totally right-on! props.

I just thought Rog's review was poorly written and a lot of the stuff he recommends are bands I don't like, but hey, everyone's entitled to their opinion. you just can't worry about these things.

I have written so many negative reviews in my days that I really cannot say that he was wrong to write this one. However this one was poorly written and only has debatable arguments. Chupe has my vote..

Aside from Demonspell, Mindspell, and Greg, most of the people responding to THIS UM thread should be ashamed of their smug offensive fanboyism. I've known Rog for a while now. His tastes are his, and reviews like this are nicely comical.

I enjoy all three motW albums, and i'm NOT crazy about the Kayo Dot album, and I've spoken to Greg about that myself.

I'm actually not that much of a motW fan, fwiw. it's just that usually most of the bad reviews of them I read are more based on hearsay and reputation than on actual musical content. shoddy/lazy journalism bugs me much more than disagreeable taste.

BenMech said:
Aside from Demonspell, Mindspell, and Greg, most of the people responding to THIS UM thread should be ashamed of their smug offensive fanboyism. I've known Rog for a while now. His tastes are his, and reviews like this are nicely comical.

and goatschool.