There will never be another album like Damnation by Opeth again.

Two thirty minute songs sound too sweet to be true. Honestly, that would be epic. Let's get a thread going to support the idea! Let Mike know how cool it would be. And for it to be dark is cool too! Darker than Master's Apprentices, or even Demon of the Fall. Scary shit.

I think Mikael should change his grim vocal style. Maybe in the blackish metal vein (Orchid/Morningrise). Another Deliverance would be damn boring, and I'm sure the new album will sound nothing like it. They should keep the acoustic touch!!! At least between the 30 min epics! Maybe they'll sound like BRI revisited!!!!

Nothing sounded better than that idea Mikael had about an occult cd. I want to hear Opeth Black Metal! That would bring them closer to the feel that Orchid and Morningrise had, and I know that Martins used to love Black Metal! I mean they did play in Requiem Aeternam, before moving over to Sweden.

on a related note, Requiem A. moved to New York, and I happen to be doing bass on the next cd. muahahaa

sf.

Alteredmindeath said:
According to Mike in a Bravewords.com interview Mike said they wont ever do another all acoustic album again (thank god) or satan. Mike said hes thinking about doing a darker black metal album on the occult, and also said it would be two thirty minute songs now thats more like it HAIL OPETH.
"I travel through the eternal flame
as the rain keeps falling"

too bad

shivering corpse said:
besides the great music, this is why Opeth is my favorite band...they have so many influences that you never know quite what to expect

i expect anything but black metal

I am also VERY glad they won't do another all accoustic cd. I love the accoustic parts in other Opeth works, but they add texture when placed next to heavier more intense parts, they help make the song (or CD) more interesting as a whole. All accoustic is just plain bland.

i dont want an occult theme either........and i dont really like Bm.....and whoever said BM= orchid sucks.....cos Orchid is not black metal at all!!!!

black metal album with two 30 min songs and an occult theme....Yes! You know why? Because it's opeth it has to be good, because they havn't done it yet and because it's so typical of a band that keeps doing what no one expects. just when you think they might go soft they decide to do a BM album.....and I think thats great. Will probably push them back away from mainstream a little and thats OK too.

The whole "two 30 minute songs" idea would be pretty cool if there was a nice concept to it, or maybe some kind of contrast between the songs or something..

occult black metal? argh now i'm scared.

I was hoping they would continue as they did on damnation

I've liked the two song album idea since he mentioned it; very Jethro Tull and progressive.

The idea of a black metal, occultic album is also great and could continue the dark vein of Deliverance (even if it is another genre). Still, it sounds a bit contradictory. Mike said that he wanted to movie away from the more BM sounding vocals of the first two albums...

np: Warhorse - Black Acid Prophecy