THERION - any advice?

I personally like vovin. But i haven't heard the other 2, though they are most consistantly named their best. Still, you won't be disappointed with vovin.

Hey all.

I have all the opera metal discs that Therion's done and I'd have to say my favorites are Deggial and Secret of the Runes. I have the Korean version which has 3 extra tracks (though not all of them are operatic - including a cover of Summernight City).

Vovin comes in a close second for me, with Theli probably bringing up the rear.

If you just like the operametal side of Therion though, I would NOT recommend buying the 2 CD live set. It just doesn't do the orchestrations justice and there is a bunch of the older dark/death metal type stuff on there.

Jeff.

I'd advice you to get Vovin before Deggial, as a matter of fact as you first Therion album, I think it's the best production/composition/tone/metal-opera ballanced album of theirs.

I'd advice you to get Vovin before Deggial, as a matter of fact as you first Therion album, I think it's the best production/composition/tone/metal-opera ballanced album of theirs.

Okey, I'm going to buy Vovin, Deggial and Theli

Do any of you guys know what extra stuff is on limited editions of those albums? Are they worth buying?

ps. thanks for all the replies so far:wave:

I would buy Secret of the Runes first.

It has great songs like Asgård. The whole album is based on Norse mythology and is sung in ancient toungs. It is the best of their music. Vovin is a very close second.