they took my rock station

Jono

Hail Satan!
without any word they took Houston's Rock 101.1 klol and they changed it to (if you live in texas you can probably guess) a fucking tejano station. and not just a tejano station a tajano HIP HOP station. realy doesn't sound any different than regular tejano.
but yeah no one said anything and all of a sudden it was gone. They've been our rock station for 30 years. now we have a classic rock station which plays some of what 101 played and an alternative station that also plays some. But you will never hear Anthrax, Metallica, Guns N Roses, Type O negative, Black Sabbath, Monster Magnet, Sepultura, ozzy or any metal it's fucking bullshit. SOmeone told me that people that worked there didn't even know about it until the day before they pulled it.
Moral of the story?
Clear channel is a fucking money grubbing cock gobbler. And i Wish it was possible to completely Boycott them but then I would never be able to go concerts or even eat at my favorite restaurant because they have an ad on a billboard owned by cc.
but fuck them. fuck them hard. in the ass, with something long and pointy. Hispanics need to have a station too i know. But they have i dunno like 4 or 5 now. Plus what about all the hispanic metal heads? there's alot of those.
well anyway thats my rant
love
-Jono-

Clear Channel is probably the worst thing that has ever happened to the music industry.
FUCK YOU Clear Channel!

"Starting Sunday, KPPX is going Easy Listening. Relax, to the smooth sounds of the Rain."
"Rebel Radio is going soft?"
"That, and we're forced to restaff."
"All those blowjobs for nothing...."

WTF????? You have a metal station, and change it to radio station 16. That's just dumb. KUFO better not change.

I agree with you 1000% There was an amazing article in Rolling Stone a few months ago, about Clear Channels Nazi Gestapo like tactics to control the entire entertainment industry.

I will try and find the issue, and post a link to read it.

ThraxDude said:
Clear Channel is probably the worst thing that has ever happened to the music industry.
FUCK YOU Clear Channel!

I hear you, Jono! It is annoying that the powers that be assume that just because I live in Texas, I must like tejano music....or country music. Which is satanic by the way.

You can't boycott clearchannel because they don't care. They don't care about your petition either, so don't waste your time. If you insist on listening to the radio, and can't find a station in your area playing what you want, you're going to have to go the satellite route. I hear good things about XM more than Sirius.

Get an XM radio. They play "Anthrax, Metallica, Guns N Roses, Type O negative, Black Sabbath, Monster Magnet, Sepultura, ozzy" all the time. I've heard almost every song from WCFYA on The Boneyard.

We havn't had a decent rock station in my area for YEARS. The closest thing we have is WEBN (another clear channel station) and while I never really was a big fan of the station it used to be decent but now that clear channel owns it it's not really any different then all the other crap stations out there anymore.

LOAroberto said:
Hey Dude I'm spanish and I listen to Metal. I don't even listen to any of those spanish stations.
and if you did listen to spanish stations that would be ok. I'll never blame the Spanish speaking community.
Most of the guys that were at the deicide show i went to years ago were Latino. And the pit monster was usually some big mexican guy.
personally i'm more pissed off for the DJ's who are out of a job.
-Jono-

It happened her in LA too to 105.5 KNAC in the mid 90s. Wish I had the money my Sr yr in college to invest in Spanish broadcasting because I was reading all over that it was going to explode,plus LA has a huge Spanish speaking market.

Watch this:

Clear
Channel

Ok, now watch this

Clear
Lennahc

See that? Lennach? Lu-natch? Huh?

Now watch this

LennachClear

LennachClear? Say it fast, Luh-Natch-Cuh-Lear

Yeah, I got nothing. But they still suck!