thinking of getting a 7-string guitar

guitr4God

Sep 10, 2010
my question is..is it worth it? i already have a decent Schecter 6-string, but i want to play some Dream Theater and stuff like that...if i get one it'll be cheep of eBay, but is it even worth like $200?

I dont know, before i really wanted a 7-string, even an 8-string haha, but when i grew tired of not finding a vocalist for a kinda project of mine, and started to sing myself, found that i can sing (more easely) in D-key, so i just toned my guitar in D haha

But if you like the sound of the B-string, and have the money, buy it. But to be honest, $200 seems cheap for a 7-S, its not broken or something?? haha

I dont know, before i really wanted a 7-string, even an 8-string haha, but when i grew tired of not finding a vocalist for a kinda project of mine, and started to sing myself, found that i can sing (more easely) in D-key, so i just toned my guitar in D haha

But if you like the sound of the B-string, and have the money, buy it. But to be honest, $200 seems cheap for a 7-S, its not broken or something?? haha

haha, yeah, its really cheep...i don't want anything fancy though, and some of the guitars on eBay in that price range look decent (won't be getting anything without a lot of time to return it, lol). i do really love the sound of the low b string (escpecially the pinch harmonics you can get out of them :eek:), but idk if its really worth that much money (don't laugh, $200 is a lot for me ok?)

im not laughing at you dude, $200 its a lot for me too, sorry if you take it that way. :(

Anyway, i considered it cheap, because a friend of mine bough one for $300 and sounded pretty crappy, the thing needed a really expensive amp to start sounding decent, not even that good.

sorry again for the misunderstanding.

epic_guitar.jpg

at least 7 strings there

Like i said, i'm not super worried about sound quality cuz i already have a decent 6-s for live playing, it'll just be for fun practice stuff...maybe i'll get a nice one when i'm rich and famous too :p oh btw Arnock....that's just EPIC! :D