This forum.

Originally posted by FuSoYa
what's stopping people from discussing the beauty, power, and intricacy of our music here?

I could give probably a thousand examples of times when this sort of posting was given a swift "shush!"

shush.jpg

Static is an idiot FuSoYa, no one on the Opeth BB hates this board. Hes the Opeth forum idiot, like every town has a town idiot, Static is the Opeth forum idiot. I was referring to when there was one dedicated thread where was the only place Maudlin of the well music was "allowed" to be discussed. Whenever someone would come in here and talk about the music, theyd get random unrelated answers, or dumb pictures. Then finally they may get an answer ot two. I see nothing wrong with this forum, I post here often...I just wish it was spilt in two like the Opeth forum is. You know and I know, that if a Motw music discussion arises, the thread will be turned into a side convo, etc. Whatever though Static is a moron.

It's cool man, I personally think its awesome that you guys post on your own board. I guess I'm just used to the pretensious band members who post only to be noticed etc. I view you guys as being larger than life, my favorite band alongside Opeth. I first heard about you guys when I was studying Jazz guitar up in Berklee, been hooked ever since. You guys are a HUGE influence on me and my band, and I'm suprised more people don't come in here and discuss the music deeply and studiously. I just assumed, or got the feeling it was discouraged here. Its all good though, its just i dont know any other motw fans in person, I know 1000000000 opeth fans, so this would be the only place I would be able to discuss the music of my favorite band, amonngst other fans. With all that said I like it here, I just made a comment and Static is a moron and made a whole thread dedicated to that one comment.

Originally posted by Thorns of Sorrow
Static is an idiot FuSoYa, no one on the Opeth BB hates this board. Hes the Opeth forum idiot, like every town has a town idiot, Static is the Opeth forum idiot. I was referring to when there was one dedicated thread where was the only place Maudlin of the well music was "allowed" to be discussed. Whenever someone would come in here and talk about the music, theyd get random unrelated answers, or dumb pictures. Then finally they may get an answer ot two. I see nothing wrong with this forum, I post here often...I just wish it was spilt in two like the Opeth forum is. You know and I know, that if a Motw music discussion arises, the thread will be turned into a side convo, etc. Whatever though Static is a moron.

You can see what my fellow Opethian's think about me. :D

Think I may start a thread based on this...

It's cool man, I personally think its awesome that you guys post on your own board. I guess I'm just used to the pretensious band members who post only to be noticed etc. I view you guys as being larger than life, my favorite band alongside Opeth. I first heard about you guys when I was studying Jazz guitar up in Berklee, been hooked ever since. You guys are a HUGE influence on me and my band, and I'm suprised more people don't come in here and discuss the music deeply and studiously. I just assumed, or got the feeling it was discouraged here. Its all good though, its just i dont know any other motw fans in person, I know 1000000000 opeth fans, so this would be the only place I would be able to discuss the music of my favorite band, amonngst other fans. With all that said I like it here, I just made a comment and Static is a moron and made a whole thread dedicated to that one comment.

I just found it interesting that a few comments were made about this forum is that way. I think that Maudlin of the Well is probably the best band in existance, and I do like this forum, no problems there. But I, and others obviously, sometimes wonder why there is no place for people to hang around and discuss the band and it's music in some way and I find it sort of frustrating in quite a few ways.

I don't see how the fact I'm a 'moron' factors into this, you don't need to like, apologise for the fact I have actually raised a little thought about this.

Anyways, I don't mind being called a moron by you, because you really don't know me.

The way I see it, discussing band information all day long sure as hell wouldn't help me get through the work day as much as random thoughts, polls, pictures and the occasional recipe.

Yeah...maybe there should be a Maudlin off-topic section!?? All the randomness could take place there and fans could chill out in the band discussion thread. Then off-topic chums could also check out the on-topic section for some serious discussion!?

Something along those lines...

whoever wants to talk about the band can start their own threads, and if people want to join in, the thread will by nature stay bumped to the top. I don't like the idea of a dead forum that has a post that sits in the same place for weeks until someone stumbles across the site and decides to post a comment.

That's depressing.

Originally posted by FuSoYa
whoever wants to talk about the band can start their own threads, and if people want to join in, the thread will by nature stay bumped to the top. I don't like the idea of a dead forum that has a post that sits in the same place for weeks until someone stumbles across the site and decides to post a comment.

That's depressing.

don't worry about that. you know i'm always good for a 'crap' 'cool' or ' sweet' post... i'll keep em' fresh.

I first heard about you guys when I was studying Jazz guitar up in Berklee

dude i totally work at berklee. no one has ever recognized me probably because in all the band pics i am all metalled out and at work i am all business casual with a pony tail.

my byron and terran were once recognized by a guy working at the discovery channel store in the south shore plaza. that was strange.