Immortal's Blizzard Beef

Ingredients:
One (1) piece of beef, frozen

Take piece of beef from freezer.
Eat.
Make grim, frost-bitten faces.
Enjoy!

Originally posted by avi
you tr00-metal people need to borrow a sense of humor and lighten up.
agreed.

what i find interesting is that it's the fans who are too metal to lighten up and have a sense of humor. the band members they're fans of are the ones who don't take this 'metal' attitude towards everything, and have fun with it.

not in all bands' cases, but in this case.

:err:

That's because, invariably, you would think that the fans WOULD be the ones who would rather discuss the music than the band members. I mean the band members live with the music and play it, and the fans listen to it and want to discuss it. They make it, we talk about it. That's just kinda logical, ain't it?

Why is everyone suggesting we dont have a sense of humour?

This is a forum for the band members themselves, not for fans of the band. If the band just wants a forum for themselves then fine, thats what they have. No complaints about the behaviour or anything... its funny and amusing, like ive said.

But if this forum is supposed to be for the fans sake, then it is a huge failure. How many times has someone posted more than 1 thread about the band? I've barely seen it.

Its not about 'not having a sense of humour' or anything. I mean how welcoming is this supposed to be? Where everyone who says they want somewhere to talk about the band is told they need to get a sense of humour...

Even the threads that were made about the band in the past days were made in a joking way, just seems like a big joke between the existing members again. They all turn into jokes anyway.

This whole board is like that...

Ill repeat a third time, this isnt about not having a sense of humour, you're just a bunch of guys having fun... no problem.. this is about this board not being useful at all to fans, you may as well make it a private forum.

This probably explains why I stay out of any and all Opeth discussions. Make one stray comment about fisting and WHAM... all over you.

I think I actually did see a member of motW once. Don't tend to be sociable though.

And if this is a forum for the band members... I've got to make cookies for my bandmates! Shall we all go fly a kite on the Bridgewater commons oh dearest musical cohorts of mine? Then we can go meet muffy and the girls and sing around the piano as we sip deeply from mighty steins of hot cocoa.

I think the solution is clear. Everyone who has ever posted on this board should be asked to contribute to the new album. That way, we are all "in the band" and we can all talk and be merry and there is no difference and we can all be marxists and live long and die.

How about it?

thumb-piano.jpg

Thumb piano

I want an entire thumb orchestra!

Thumb violins...
Thumb timpani...

Thumb gong!

Thumb saxophone!