This forum.

Originally posted by Thorns of Sorrow
Static is an idiot FuSoYa, no one on the Opeth BB hates this board. Hes the Opeth forum idiot, like every town has a town idiot, Static is the Opeth forum idiot. I was referring to when there was one dedicated thread where was the only place Maudlin of the well music was "allowed" to be discussed. Whenever someone would come in here and talk about the music, theyd get random unrelated answers, or dumb pictures. Then finally they may get an answer ot two. I see nothing wrong with this forum, I post here often...I just wish it was spilt in two like the Opeth forum is. You know and I know, that if a Motw music discussion arises, the thread will be turned into a side convo, etc. Whatever though Static is a moron.

I'm definitly not arguing with you here because that's exacly what happens...but I would like to point out the random answers usually come from OUR town idiots. We (ex) band members are usually happy to answer questions etc, especially Gregg "Metal" Massi.

:)

(PS I am a town idiot)

jester.jpg

:lol:

From one town idiot to another...

Do......do....you want to be my friend!?

We could laugh and dance around, and, and say stupid things. I would ever so much love it if we could both be moron's and run in circles and dance in fields...:)

Oh mine bosom...:eek:

I find motW interviews extremely interesting and i had a lot i wished to talk about with the guys.... the board soon squashed such ideas. I still think its an amusing place to browse, but i just dont have anything to say most of the time, whether its intended or not people posting stuff about the band are encouraged not to, even in the thread dedicated to motW stuff.

But still, good fun, and the attitudes of the people are good, its just unfortunate its not so great for fans.

Yes, surely you guys admit you did know that eventually people would begin to wonder where they can *seriously* discuss the band. It's not like a matter of destroying the randomness you have going, maybe just breaking it into two sections or something. I'm not trying to disrespect you or your forum, just postulating as to whether you would consider expanding on what you have here. Only a thought. ;)

Originally posted by YaYo
.... the board soon squashed such ideas. I still think its an amusing place to browse, but i just dont have anything to say most of the time, whether its intended or not people posting stuff about the band are encouraged not to, even in the thread dedicated to motW stuff.

Hmmm. Maybe this board needs to make a new year's resolution not to be jackasses to people that want to talk about motW? I think that's a good idea. I can change!

People come through here all the time looking for some discussion about the band, and after a few cheesy jokes, rabbit pictures and other random posting, eventually a discussion ensues.

If people dont feel they can ask a question on a public forum, then they arent going to then feel welcome to PM the same people...

Joking around is one thing, but its just when someone sees the board for the first time and reads "Pretty much nobody talks about the band in the other threads. Doing so will probably get you made fun of. Well, not really, but you might not get a ton of serious responses. "..... well what are they going to think?

Its just a matter of not claiming the entire board as a place to joke around. At the moment it seems like a single group of people's board, and every topic or post you can make will at most simply trigger them on their usual in-jokes and such, the actual serious answers seem more out of obligation.

There is no need to put a funny joke or funny picture in every thread when you already have 99% of the other threads for such stuff, leave some room for other people basically.

whether its intended or not people posting stuff about the band are encouraged not to, even in the thread dedicated to motW stuff.

Dudes, every single time someone has shushed someone else trying to talk about the band, it has been a joke.

A joke, people!

Originally posted by VangelicSurgeon
mmm...I'm like the king of the idiots...I don't mix with the other idiots ;)

Then I'll find new, dumberer town idiots to hang with! I've heard that Yayo can be quite the madman when he's on the booze...

;) :p :D

Originally posted by FuSoYa
Dudes, every single time someone has shushed someone else trying to talk about the band, it has been a joke.

A joke, people!

In agreement with Yayo, for he speaks wisdom 99% of the time, it seems a joke that occurs VERY often...;)

Originally posted by Static
Then I'll find new, dumberer town idiots to hang with! I've heard that Yayo can be quite the madman when he's on the booze...

;) :p :D
I'm under the effects of alcohol as we speak actually ;)

A joke, people!
Yep, a joke to you guys, but im just saying how it appears... how would you explain how few fans there on here discussing their favourite songs and such? Im not criticising you or anyone here, your not doing anything wrong.. i think its pretty damn funny... but such behaviour does have consequences, thats all im saying. If you want this to be a fun board for you and a few others, continue. If you want it to be a fun board for you and others, and also a place where fans can come, then things kinda need to change.

If you get popular enough then you'll be outnumbered soon enough anyway ;)