This forum.

You guys are missing the whole huge point of everything.

Just hang around more and post more and then we'll ALL be in on the in jokes, get it?

There is no need for exclusivity when everyone can be involved. This is one of the beautiful things about the internet... its vast reach and unifying ability. This forum's atmosphere is incredibly appropriate for motW's music, because, in my opinion, motW music should give a feeling of universal oneness.

You all should particpate and not feel left out. Stick around and you'll get the jokes. Everyone should pay attention to one another. Everyone should feel comfortable. If you like motW music and you don't get this, you are missing something important.

Originally posted by FuSoYa

Just hang around more and post more and then we'll ALL be in on the in jokes, get it?

There is no need for exclusivity when everyone can be involved. This is one of the beautiful things about the internet... its vast reach and unifying ability. This forum's atmosphere is incredibly appropriate for motW's music, because, in my opinion, motW music should give a feeling of universal oneness.

You all should particpate and not feel left out. Stick around and you'll get the jokes. Everyone should pay attention to one another. Everyone should feel comfortable. If you like motW music and you don't get this, you are missing something important.

Beautiful, intricate, and somehow powerful at the same time...what an eloquent summary of this board.

PS: I still want to perform on the new album, or some album...keep this in mind

Ideally that would be what it was like, and i do agree it is very motW, suits the music and the attitudes perfectly.

But unfortunately things dont work like that... all it would take is simply leaving some of the more serious topics alone, let people post a thread, get some serious responses.. they'll feel welcomed and like they fit in, and will gradually learn the people and join in on the fun and such. A serious question getting two serious replies is a lot more welcoming than it getting 20 jokes and the 2 serious replies mixed in.

Im sorry if i made it sound like i thought you guys were purposefully trying to exclude people or something...

The reason people come here is because they like the music, the reason they'll stay is because they like the people... let them have that first step, they'll join in the fun after they feel a bit welcomed and know the people a bit.

Im not meaning to criticise the way the board is run, its your board and do what you want with it, and your intentions are great, but you just need to think of what its like for someone who comes to this board purely because they like the music..

Originally posted by BigFakeSmile
baliset = sensitive pony tail guy

hey now, just because i am in a gay band does not automatically mean i am sensitive.

herbert_kornfeld.jpg
head_i_am_a_bad_ass_2907.gif

I think the divide between "funny band humour forum" and "a forum for fans" is fictional...a social construct. There's no reason the two can't be integrated fully. Sure, it might tick off the extremes on both ends of the spectrum, but the board needn't play to the lowest common denominator of closedmindedness who says "I can't deal with the jokes mixed in with my info" or "I can't accept a single serious thread".

Ideally that would be what it was like, and i do agree it is very motW, suits the music and the attitudes perfectly.

But unfortunately things dont work like that...

1) I don't believe in living a compromise.

2) As an idealist, I try to live what I believe.

3) The transition to idealistic existence is a result of active resistance to reality.

3) The transition to idealistic existence is a result of active resistance to reality.

True but it's possible to friendly fire, or suicide. I'd imagine regarding the regard and wishes of fans would be a part of your notion of an idealistic existence. (to stir the pot for the sake of it)