This FUCKING sucks.....

If you haven't heard the last two, don't make comments on people how whine about their new stuff unless it involves agreement. New CoB is gayer than a bearded mouth surrounding male genitalia.

Actually all of their albums have enough difference to separate quality. Though I haven't listened to them in a couple years, I imagine I would still get some satisfaction out of Hatebreeder and Follow The Reaper.

Maybe you should read better and notice I was only talking about the last album? I have heard Hatecrew Deathroll. It still sounds the same. It's like claiming there is a huge difference between any given albums by AC/DC or Motorhead. It's not a huge shift in dynamics or songwriting people, Jesus.

Like I said, there is a enough of a difference between ALL of them to see a variable degree of quality. Something Wild or whatever it's called is unorganized and chaotic. Hatebreeder has a controlled measure of speedy power metal. Follow The Reaper is a more tame and slowed down approach to the same idea. Hatecrew Death Roll introduces newer, more modern elements and a handful of chugging rhythm sections. The new one further explores the mixing of shitty ideas. I'm very surprised that you think they all sound the same.

There are differences obviously but they are subtle. So it seems odd that someone would like the first CoB album and totally hate, say, Hatecrew Deathroll. Compared to how other bands progress throughout their discography and incorporate new or different elements into their songs and songwriting you have to admit there is almost no progression in CoB.

The way I see it, either you like the cheesy powermetal/thrash with harsh (many would say quite bad) vocals and neo-classical noodling or you don't. If you do then I can't see how you could be offended by any of their first four albums, and if you don't then you'll hate all of them.

I didn't say anything about progressions. I said differences in quality, and I would say that they are substantial.

CAIRATH said:
It always makes me laugh to see people go "Yeah I liked the first CoB album but everything after that sucked". All their albums sound exactly the same (excluding maybe their latest which I have not heard). Either you like them or you don't, stop trying to be "old school" by pretending that their first one was good and then everything they did sucked and they "sold out" or something.

For the record I quite enjoy CoB at times and own their first 3 albums. They're fun to listen to when I'm in the right mood. And CoB are not melodic death metal (I think someone in this thread said something of that sort).

Good point. I like all CoB excpet the new one. I also love all of Soilwork, but Metallica yea they suck now.

I had the awful fate of seeing Children of Bodom in between Evergrey and Iced Earth. It was wankery every 10 seconds and then Alexi flipping his hair like in a L'oreal commercial for the rest of the time. Whatever dickhead put them on the line-up in between two awesome bands needs to be shot in the head... of his dick.

Why is it that every other comment about CoB is "I like them alot but I can't FUCKING STAND the singers vocals, or I CANT FUCKING STAND the keyboards"

Either love them or hate them people, okay 'like" them or hate them.

Btw, how do you pronounce 'Alexi'.