This Godless Endeavor....

Oh, it's great. They've totally redeemed themselves after two pretty bad albums. This is on par with Dreaming Neon Black.

Jean-Pierre said:
Oh, it's great. They've totally redeemed themselves after two pretty bad albums. This is on par with Dreaming Neon Black.

This album rips! Man, this is my first run through and its totally kicking my ass...

I too did not find the Godless Endeavor to be all the hype I had read. On first listen, I found it as unimaginitive as Enemies of Reality. After further listenings, the album has started to grow on me. But I still don't feel that it is as good as their first 5 albums (And Dead Heart is a great album. I love Narcosynthesis, We Disentegrate, Inside 4 Walls, Evolution 169, Dead Heart, Sound of Silence, All the Cowards Hide).
I feel that Warrell's singing is very monotonous on Godless and doesn't create the memorable melodic-vocals that had become a trademark of Nevermore's sound. They were (and are) heavy on the instrument side while Warrell vocals would carry the song's melody.

Just another opinion...