This is funny... The clown from slipknot said this.

I dont find Slipknot nu-metal, thier music just doesnt fit in, maybe a few songs like Spit it out and whatever, but the only reason most people see them as nu-metal now is because they are new, they have a more stupid than other bands image with thier masks, and well, thats it from what I can see, I still like thier music :p

However. You cant really compare to Slipknot back in MFKR because that was an experimental album only, after that they made a LOT of demo's, which sound more like the band now than it would have sounded in MFKR, also Spit it out was originally the demo, the same version of the same, used on thier self titled, it wasnt untill IOWA they started getting a bit heavier than other mainstream US bands I guess.

:yuk: Slipnot just SUCKS!!!!!!!!! :yuk:

They are nu-metal, and for those that said that they are heavy metal...well....they are heavy nu-metal. And they have this kind of "rap" in it....just terrible...AND of course they don't seem real with these masks. Who do u think are more real? Pantera or Slipnot? Of course Pantera, because as you see them on stage this is how they are in real life!!! Slipnot, on the other hand, have nothing to do with reality....and this is why a big "FAKE" should be written on their foreheads!!

:headbang: Fight for the pure REALITY! :headbang:

Judas said:
Joey is.. Well king at drums, coreys voice is so.. flexible? Well its great, and Mick 7 is awsome with the guitar, i downloaded some solos played by him, and thats talent.

The rest, dont suck, but theyre nothing special.

Yes i also have some lead work by Mick, he is actually very good, its just a shame you never get to hear him play guitar properly
frown.gif

DEVIANCE said:
ANYTHING AFTER 91 IS NEW FUCKING METAL AND IT ALL SUCKS ASS

I cant quite believe you said that, seriously, you are kidding right?, You are full of shit!

Are you just one of those old men thats fucking obsessed with old thrash metal and wont listen to anything else?, there are far to many of them around.

It's stupid how they use pentagrams and all that on stage. They never even talk about Satan or Satanism in their lyrics. They probably do it for shock value.

Slipknot are good- and heavy nu-metal is probably a pretty damn acturate description.... nu metal I also like..... not because I'm a tryhard rebellious mofo.... jsut becaude I enjoy listening to it

I would say Slipknot is a really heavy nu-metal band also. I kind of try to forget that there are 9 members and they all where masks. But I must admit, they have a HUGE stage presence. Although that is kind of obvious I guess, since there are 9 guys up there. It's like a circus. But regardless the show was good.

In terms of talent, I don't think they're as untalented as most people suggest. I've heard plenty of true metal bands that have guitar riffs that aren't that much harder to play. Besides, being technical as possible isn't what makes a band good. What makes a band good is all a matter of opinion though, for the most part anyway.

I like Slipknot, but I'ld like them a lot more if they lost the 2 drummers that don't do anything and lost the dj. I suppose they could keep one of those drummers, as long as he actually hit the drums once in a while. But clown should go. He's too much driven by anger and not enough about music.

That's priceless. Someone told me once how Nevermore sounds exactly like Slipknot. :erk:

Unlike some people, I listen to music, mainstream or not, because I enjoy it. I honestly could care if a band makes 8 million dollars for a commercial, if they produce good music, good being in my opinion.

Ya can argue for days on if they are numetal, metal, heavy metal, or nothing. It isnt making a real difference to the band, theyre breaking up after a next album and tour and going theyre seperate ways, and I cant say I like the idea ;) but Stone sour is good in my eyes - once again the word opinion comes to mind.

Put simply, Slipknot IS nu-metal. People can tell me they have grind, death, and black metal influences all they want, but influences mean squat.

The band's lyrics are easily placed alongside Papa Roach, Korn, and Limp Bizkit having to do with being pissed off at the world and wanting to break stuff and very whiney.

Also, they have a DJ and incorporate rap arrangements within their music, a trait of nu-metal.

And I keep hearing that Slipknot can't be nu-metal because they are more brutal than their peers. Who gives a fuck? Since when is a band judged solely on the brutality of the music? Slipknot is eons more brutal than Iron Maiden, Katatonia, and Agalloch, but those bands are considered metal, Slipknot is not. Brutality is only a fraction of the equation.

Also, I've read in interviews that some members of Slipknot like various death and black metal bands. If these death and black metal bands are their influences and they want to be considered "metal" and taken seriously, then they should drop the gimmicky masks, drop at least 4 members, quit whining and rapping, and fucking play! Oh, I forgot, they want that paycheck.

Slipknot is nu-metal. And quite frankly, they suck.

Reactions: Fourka
leviathanticus said:
at least they r metal and getting airplay
remember when all mtv played was rap?
Yeah I remember that. It was like...yesterday?!

I agree with Dreamlord. The only reason Slipknot is popular is because of their gimmick.
Look back in history. Do you remember a still struggling band called KISS. They're horrible! :cool:

The band's lyrics are easily placed alongside Papa Roach, Korn, and Limp Bizkit having to do with being pissed off at the world and wanting to break stuff and very whiney.
Hardly considering Papa Roach dont sing about how they hate life and what is wrong with the world.

when i see her eyes
look into my eyes
then i realize that
she could see inside my head
so i close my eyes
thinking that i could hide
disassociate so i don't have to lose my head
this situation leads to agitation
will she cut me off?
will this be amputation?

-Papa Roach, She loves me not

(HATE) Hate ain't enough to describe me
(SCREAM) Somewhere between screaming and crying
I'm not supposed to be here
I'm not supoosed to be

(WHY) When do I get to know why?
(BITTER) Bitter as the stink of when I try
I'm not supposed to be here
I'm not supposed to be
Pull your hands away

I'm gone - goodbye - it's so depressing
Withering away
Take a look - inside - my soul is missing
All I have is dead, so I'll take you with me
Feel like I'm erased - so kill me just in case

-Slipknot, Disasterpiece

See a difference? I do.

Also, they have a DJ and incorporate rap arrangements within their music, a trait of nu-metal.
No, a trait of rapcore. Not nu-metal. The band also never rapped on Iowa, only on some songs on the self titled, MFKR was an experimental album, they used lots of different elements, even resorting to funk, and disco at one point.

And I keep hearing that Slipknot can't be nu-metal because they are more brutal than their peers. Who gives a fuck?
ell its true, they are heavier sounding than other "numetal" bands out there.
Since when is a band judged solely on the brutality of the music?
welcome to 2003.

Slipknot is eons more brutal than Iron Maiden, Katatonia, and Agalloch, but those bands are considered metal, Slipknot is not. Brutality is only a fraction of the equation.
Theyre not considered metal because they dont consentrate on theyre guitar elements, and use lots of distortion, simple notes and whatso. They consentrate on theyre drumming, which is pretty rare in the mainstream, they are also not considered metal because of the many metalheads who think they loose theyre metal mentallity throughout theyre peers if they listen to it or call it metal, but the fact remains they have more metal elemts than they would punk, rap, rock, or anything.

Also, I've read in interviews that some members of Slipknot like various death and black metal bands.
People have lots of different tastes of music. Take a look at in flames, they admitted to listening to the backstreet boys, but theyre they are a metal band.

If these death and black metal bands are their influences and they want to be considered "metal" and taken seriously
Snoop dogg is a rapper, but as we just found out, he was influenced by Metallica.. and he isnt even close to metal rock or any sort, he's a full blown sucesfull rapper.

then they should drop the gimmicky masks
Most members took theyre masks off a while ago.

drop at least 4 members, quit whining and rapping
Lets take it your in a band, you have 5 members. People want you to drop a member that is vital to your live shows and other elements, your also very close friends with this person, would you tell him "your off the band, fuck off" ? I highly doubt it. They havent rapped since theyre self titled either. Sorry.

I forgot, they want that paycheck.
Dont we all. I'm sure youve got a job, But look at that, you could be selling your soul to a faceless company[/i] :O

Slipknot is nu-metal. And quite frankly, they suck
Its your opinion weither they suck or not, nothing will take that away, but they basically arent nu metal, and comparing them to other nu metal bands is a joke, theyre only considered nu metal because they have a gimmick (but hey, dont all bands, or how would they get theyre message across ) and they are mainstream, thats basically it. Calling a band nu metal because they are mainstream is pretty fuckign stupid in my honest opinion.

:)