This is unbelieveable!!!

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
Mexico's government is warning its citizens about travel to Arizona because of a tough new immigration law there.

The travel alert from the Foreign Relations Department urges Mexicans in Arizona to "act with prudence and respect the framework of local laws."
It says that the law's passage shows "an adverse political atmosphere for migrant communities and for all Mexican visitors."

It says that once the law takes effect, foreigners can be detained if they fail to carry immigration documents. While enforcement details are not yet clear, the alert says "it should be assumed that any Mexican citizen could be detained and questioned for not having the proper documents or for not adhering to local laws."

So, it takes a the passage of an immigration law to get the Mexican government to tell their citizens to obey the laws of the US and to make sure they have their passports and entry visas, this is so laughable.

Har har har arizona passed a literal nazi-like law that allows cops to pull over and demand to see papers from "anyone suspicious" (read, mexicans) regardless of citizenship for no other reason because, somehow, this is going to drive off the illegal drug cartels and human smugglers, who so very clearly are operating within the realm of reason, trying to make an honest living.

I spoke to a friend of mine in Washington State, who said the illegals up there are getting pissed because Arizona illegals are arriving by the literal truckload and taking their jobs.

Anyway,

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3n0vBcW5fc&playnext_from=TL&videos=6n5WFs8nPAc[/ame]

Mexico's government is warning its citizens about travel to Arizona because of a tough new immigration law there.

The travel alert from the Foreign Relations Department urges Mexicans in Arizona to "act with prudence and respect the framework of local laws."
It says that the law's passage shows "an adverse political atmosphere for migrant communities and for all Mexican visitors."

So, it takes a the passage of an immigration law to get the Mexican government to tell their citizens to obey the laws of the US and to make sure they have their passports and entry visas, this is so laughable.

John, I really *really* like you, but are you serious man? You're going to sit down and say to me that the passage of this law DOES NOT show an adverse political atmosphere for migrant communities and Mexican visitors?

It doesn't take that. Every country that is known for having a large number of immigrants going to *any* other nation encourages them to respect the laws. Afterall, it's the country's reputation that's on the line. Unfortunately, the Mexican immigrants have crossed the line (sometimes literally lol), but it sounds like you're generalizing it WAY too much. Just so you know, there are a *lot* of countries urging their citizens to make sure to carry their proper documentation while in Arizona. You know why? CAUSE THIS LAW IS FUCKING PATHETIC! I really hope you're not going to sit down and tell me that racial profiling is not going to be happening on a daily basis over there, because if you do so, I'm gonna say you're out of your mind.

You know damn well that, as much as the United States are very welcoming of immigrants from other countries, I don't think you will find a country where racial profiling happens as much as here. Especially towards hispanics (and I say this without actually being part of that group).

This law is laughable.

According to the law they can't just pull someone over for looking hispanic. For any "LAWFUL CONTACT" made by a "LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL OR AGENCY" they can then ask a person for proof of citizenship if they have a resonable suspicion that the person may be here illegally. Key word lawful contact...
So they must have a "lawful reason" to to request legal U.S. identification for any "un-lawful act", just as they do with anyone else who commits an "un-lawful" act.

So funny that some do not trust the police to act lawfully , but they will trust the government to run Auto Companies, Wall Street and the Medical System...

According to the law they can't just pull someone over for looking hispanic. For any "LAWFUL CONTACT" made by a "LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL OR AGENCY" they can then ask a person for proof of citizenship if they have a resonable suspicion that the person may be here illegally. Key word lawful contact...
So they must have a "lawful reason" to to request legal U.S. identification for any "un-lawful act", just as they do with anyone else who commits an "un-lawful" act.

I was aware of that, but I'm not sure this little part of the law will actually be followed "by the book."

and really, protesting Arizona Iced Tea (made in NY) as well as protesting The Arizona Diamondbacks at Wrigley Field??? GMAFB! :lol:

What's next? Some uber liberal wanting the word "Arizona" banned from the English language? The "system" has been broken for far too long, just because you've never seen a cop clocking for speeders on your street, doesn't mean it's going to be that way forever. The AZ law is more about enforcing EXISTING laws than a bunch of burly dudes in jackboots asking for your papers. I won't go into the whole Agenda 21 (plans for a North American Union - SCARY shit!) and Bilderberg stuff here, but this is a long time coming. I'm neither racist, or anti-immigration, it needs to be done under the rule of law. My Mom's side of our family had to do it, they came here legally, learned the language, and busted their asses to both fit in, and start a new life for their family. There were no handouts, or free rides. This should have happened 50 years ago... God bless AZ for having the balls to do something, when our Federal government is too busy bailing out their friends, and lining their own pockets.

States shouldn't have to enact laws in order to fix an issue that the federal government won't address. We already have laws against illegal immigration...yet our federal officials refuse to enforce them. The Democrats want to build a new voter base...and the Republicans want cheap labor...so this issue is hands off. Arizona finally said enough is enough...their bill is more an opportunity to tip the federal government's hand than anything. One death of an American citizen by the hands of an illegal immigrant is one too many.

John, I really *really* like you, but are you serious man? You're going to sit down and say to me that the passage of this law DOES NOT show an adverse political atmosphere for migrant communities and Mexican visitors?

It doesn't take that. Every country that is known for having a large number of immigrants going to *any* other nation encourages them to respect the laws. Afterall, it's the country's reputation that's on the line. Unfortunately, the Mexican immigrants have crossed the line (sometimes literally lol), but it sounds like you're generalizing it WAY too much. Just so you know, there are a *lot* of countries urging their citizens to make sure to carry their proper documentation while in Arizona. You know why? CAUSE THIS LAW IS FUCKING PATHETIC! I really hope you're not going to sit down and tell me that racial profiling is not going to be happening on a daily basis over there, because if you do so, I'm gonna say you're out of your mind.

You know damn well that, as much as the United States are very welcoming of immigrants from other countries, I don't think you will find a country where racial profiling happens as much as here. Especially towards hispanics (and I say this without actually being part of that group).

This law is laughable.

I Like you too Milton, and with you being a legal immigrant to this country, i hope you understand that my supporting an immigration law is in no way biased toward immigrants that are here legally. I am not a supporter of Profiling in any way, but what i would really like to see is that if someone from Mexico is over here, and driving a car then they should be stopped at the border and checked for proof of insurance, if they don't have it, then turn them around and send them back... This is really just one state pushing to uphold laws that are already on the books.

I do have to tell you a story, and you will somewhat understand my position.

A few years ago, a sting operation done in conjuction with Mexican Federal police, DEA, and FBI, sent undercover operatives into some mexican courts to try and flush out judges on the take, and what they found was in some courts, the judges would dismiss cases(B&E, robbery, assault, car thief,) if the criminal would leave Mexico and go to the US.

You really have to live here on the border to get the full effect of what the illegal immigration into this country is doing.

Just today in our newspaper, our less than illustrious congressman Silvestra Reyes said that it is the responsiblility of the residents on El Paso County and the city of El Paso to pay the nearly 4 million dollar debt that has been incurred by University Medical Center(County Hospital) for the treatment of victims of the Juarez violence, Hence Citizens of the County and City are responsilbe for paying for the medical costs of illegals injured in a Mexican Drug war.

John, why do you feel that you have a right to live here while they don't? How about you move to Mexico and show them how its done! A simple solution is to completely open up our borders, but remove all ridiculous free benefits given to citizens.

John, why do you feel that you have a right to live here while they don't? How about you move to Mexico and show them how its done! A simple solution is to completely open up our borders, but remove all ridiculous free benefits given to citizens.

One reason I was born here, my ancestors came over LEGALLY, I am a citizen and another thing I never said they didn't have the right to live here, as long as they do it legally, and adhere to our laws.

Until you live on the border Cherion you have no idea what is going on here. I never said I knew how it's done, not once. So why don't you move to the border and try it out for a year or two.

And we took it from them through force of arms. Which would be at least... immoral and it was performed by xenophobes. As for legal immigration, doesn't matter to me. We don't have any more right to live here than anybody else.

Not going to argue this anymore, everyone has their opinion on Immigration, and just about everyone's opinion is different. It is fruitless to argue it here. Tell your congressman/congresswoman or senator, vote, get invovlved, maybe change can be made.

States shouldn't have to enact laws in order to fix an issue that the federal government won't address. We already have laws against illegal immigration...yet our federal officials refuse to enforce them. The Democrats want to build a new voter base...and the Republicans want cheap labor...so this issue is hands off. Arizona finally said enough is enough...their bill is more an opportunity to tip the federal government's hand than anything.

I think this is going to be the only time I ever agree with you on anything political. Though I'm sure we have differing opinions on this bill/law as an idea, I definitely think you're spot on for why the two parties don't bother doing anything about the immigration issue, and agree that the bill was passed to really force the governments hand on the issue once and for all. I don't think it'll work, and we've simply become the laughing stock of the world at this point. There's already been a fuckton of backlash, and AZ businesses are already losing a ton of business due to the boycotts. I hear it every day on the radio how organizations are pulling out of coming here, sending their employees here for training, businesses who do not want to operate here anymore, and school districts who won't support anything out of AZ. It'll be interesting to see if it continues.

One thing is for sure, everyone who's here and not white, legally and illegally, are scared of what this law is going to mean, how it's going to be enforced, and how they're going to get treated.

For example, a Fresno man was already detained a day before the bill was even signed into law. Here's a good example about how American Citizens are already being harrassed and will probably continue to be because of this bill/law.

One death of an American citizen by the hands of an illegal immigrant is one too many.

One death of a person by the hands of another person is one too many, nationality and citizenship aside. People are people. No one's life is worth more than someone else's. I know what you're trying to say, and I agree it's preventable. Immigration needs reform and we need a guest worker program.

And we took it from them through force of arms. Which would be at least... immoral and it was performed by xenophobes. As for legal immigration, doesn't matter to me. We don't have any more right to live here than anybody else.

You know what? No one who did that is still alive, and the world is a dynamic place. This country has worked pretty hard over 200 years to become one of the better places to be in the world. It's time to move the fuck on from this silly argument.

You know what? No one who did that is still alive, and the world is a dynamic place. This country has worked pretty hard over 200 years to become one of the better places to be in the world. It's time to move the fuck on from this silly argument.

Not to mention the fact that so much of the entire world's land was obtained through some type of warfare at some point, be it big bad conquering empires or local nomadic warring tribes, or whatever (still going on today in many places) yet it's the U.S. that is always made out to be the ones who are evil because of it.

I agree! So open the borders to everybody!

I agree! So open the borders to everybody!

Nope because then.....

they_took_our_jobs_tshirt-d235648038281095886yhmi_325.jpg