This is unbelieveable!!!

Yes, they can dude. A lot of them just choose NOT TO, and I agree that the ones who choose NOT TO should NOT be here.

:lol: Seriously man, this will never work. And I'm not just saying this because I'm trying to argue with you. It would just *not* be feasible. You need to be rational and realistic about it.
I know it won't happen, but it's how I feel about the subject.

For those that don't believe (or don't understand how) illegal immigrants pay their income taxes, here's an article about it. I know first hand about this because I work for a company that processes payroll for several local businesses and they have to deal with countless incorrect SSNs each year (the electronic processing kicks out incorrect SSNs and they need to be filed by hand, incidentally costing money through productivity loss, paper filing costs, and quite often late filing fees), especially from restaurants.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/taxes/2008-04-10-immigrantstaxes_N.htm

The part about social security might get certain persons' panties in a bunch.
USA Today said:
The impact on Social Security is significant, though, because most of that money [collected from illegal immigrants] is never claimed by the people who pay it but instead helps cover retirement checks to legal workers. [emphasis mine]

Bear in mind that some of taxes collected are from illegal immigrants trying to do the right thing and filing with an ITIN number, such as the person that was mentioned a few posts ago. However, the majority of the taxes are collected through payroll. The same way legal workers' taxes are collected. Depending on what was filed on their W4, they may be underpaying, but many may be overpaying too.

USA Today said:
"The real question is how many of them pay more than they owe. There are undoubtedly hundreds of thousands of people in that situation," Ford said.

While it's somewhat comforting that many illegal immigrants are at least contributing to Uncle Sam, there's still a wide gap between their contributions and their draws from the system. Not necessarily on an individual basis, but as a whole group.

USA Today said:
That adds up to roughly $90 billion in federal taxes during they[sic] eight-year period. [emphasis mine]

http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServer?pagename=research_localcosts

FAIR said:
FAIR estimates the current local annual costs of illegal immigration from just three program areas — educating the children in public primary and secondary schools, providing medical services in emergency rooms, and incarceration — amount to about $36 billion [emphasis mine]

If Illegal Immigration were stopped. Legal immigration could be raised... Then more people could do it the right way... Seal the borders and get this thing under control for the sake of everyone...

I have a friend in Washington who is illegal and pays income tax through a government issued IDS or something that he acquired. He also has not committed ID theft to get this done. It's possible to do, it's just that since legal citizens don't need to jump through literal hoops to do things they should be doing, we don't know how it's possible, so we assume it doesn't happen. After all, would WE pay taxes if we could get away with not doing it? Probably not, and so we assume that because illegals don't "have" to, they just don't.

Interesting... did not know this... but this is Washington state, where it's pretty effed up to begin with! :lol:

However, they don't have an income tax, so I guess this is some alternative?

Closed borders are so a bunch of idiots can be lazy. If you open the borders, you might actually have to earn a living, instead of be given it for little work. Open borders increases competition. The people who want to work hard will naturally gravitate, so long as you don't have the social welfare programs to attract those who don't want to work hard. It also decreases the current number of people who add very little to society, but take a lot.

So, you're in favor of Neal Boortz' suggestion, of basically shutting off the tap of free government benefits to illegals completely, is that right?

It's true that most of the illegals pay taxes. Of course, it's not their SS# they are using. It's someone elses. But, they claim an exhorbitant amount of dependents in order to reduce deductions as much as possible. They all claim 5 - 6 dependents. I've seen 20 yr olds claiming 6 dependents. :err: Also, their addresses are never correct. I'm sure the IRS can never track them down if they needed to audit.

For the illegals, it's all about evasion the second they step on U.S. soil.

It's true that most of the illegals pay taxes. Of course, it's not their SS# they are using. It's someone elses.

It's possible to pay federal income tax without a SS#. That's what this whole page was about.

They all claim 5 - 6 dependents.

I know for a fact that all of them do not.

citation needed.

It's true that most of the illegals pay taxes. Of course, it's not their SS# they are using. It's someone elses. But, they claim an exhorbitant amount of dependents in order to reduce deductions as much as possible. They all claim 5 - 6 dependents. I've seen 20 yr olds claiming 6 dependents. :err: Also, their addresses are never correct. I'm sure the IRS can never track them down if they needed to audit.

Your post is the typical ignorant generalization that plagues this country. It's all so black and white, right?

Fucking unbelievable.

This is something that is not just what illegals do, alot of legal residents do it also, it is not against the law to claim more dependents than you have on your W-4, you just better claim and have proof of dependents when you fill out your tax form. When I was in Saudia Arabia, we had a tax exemption on the first $90,000 earned, so when we filled out new W-4's we were told by Coopers and Liebrant to enter the max number of dependents(99), but then we had to claim the right number on the tax form.

So, you're in favor of Neal Boortz' suggestion, of basically shutting off the tap of free government benefits to illegals completely, is that right?

I don't know how Boortz describes it. I'm in favor of removing the tap of free benefits to all people, citizens and non-citizens alike.

So everyone who agrees it's okay for illegals to cross our borders everyday basically agrees to this, I surmise:

I have to let anyone who wants to enter my house be able to enter at any time. If I don't let them, then they have the right to break into my house, do what they want, take whatever they want, and possibly harm myself or my family because they feel it's best for them to do so. Bullshit.

People don't seem to grasp the OTHER side of this issue, which directly affects legal citizens in a bad way.

1. Illegal alien steals SSN, uses it to work under. Extra income is now reported under some unsuspecting citizen's SSN, along with their actual income.

2. IRS' Automated Underreporter system detects the fact that a seemingly excess amount of money was earned under that citizen's valid SSN, and that legal resident gets a CP2000 notice from IRS advising of an imminent assessment of tax, penalty and interest on the 'underreported' income. If they don't respond, IRS assesses them; bank- and wage levies and federal tax liens can ensue.

3. Or, the legal citizen is in retirement...but the 'extra' income reported by the illegal alien shows up on their record, and the Social Security Administration immediately cuts off their SS retirement benefits.

I see this every day at work (remember where I work?)
It's one of the biggest challenges facing IRS and SSA today...and indirectly, every American taxpayer and every SS recipient.

Take it from me: There is only one road that will lead us out of this mess, but I dare not utter it in public. :)

So everyone who agrees it's okay for illegals to cross our borders everyday basically agrees to this, I surmise:

I have to let anyone who wants to enter my house be able to enter at any time. If I don't let them, then they have the right to break into my house, do what they want, take whatever they want, and possibly harm myself or my family because they feel it's best for them to do so. Bullshit.

Okay here is a true story:

Man sitting in living room watching sports center early addition(9:00am), doorbell rings, man answers door, person on other side says "I need you to take me down to the Bus terminal to catch a bus, if I am late i won't make it to my job on time, or you can let me in and i can call a taxi, but i will need to borrow some money." Other person says,"You have got to be frigging kidding me, I don't know you, and I don't need to do anything." Man outside says, "What is it, you don't like Mexicans?"

This is a true story it happened to me this morning, I called the police, and they came over and said this was the 6th call they had had from the neighborhood about this man, and there was also a woman involved, they are searching for them as they believe they are the suspects in two home burglaries in the area.

That's creepy as hell, John. When I was laid up with the broken ankle, I had a man of Latin descent come to my door selling his services as a handyman. When I yelled to him through the window, that I couldn't answer the door because I was handicapped and I didn't want his services, he opened the door and walked in to try to convince me. (Thanks hubby for leaving the door unlocked.) Nothing happened, but I was certainly at his mercy.

Well, I'm now in the process of writing up this week's crime reports. Of all the burglaries solved, five out of six were by illegal aliens. (No idea yet in the over 20 unsolved cases). Of the assualts, the most violent was by an illegal alien and out of more than a dozen dwi's, half were illegal aliens. Not saying anything specific, just saying....

Horns up to Arizona. All they are doing is enforcing a law that was already there. If they are not doing anything wrong, they should not have anything to worry about.

Update: The man and and the woman were arrested on Sunday for attempted home invasion of an elderly couple, just so happens that some neighbors walking their dogs saw what was going on called 911 and intervened. Couple was caught running toward border by El Paso Police and Sheriff's K-9 units.