This makes me said... EZmix?

I think it's a cool/valid release. And I don't see why this hasn't been done before. I mean, your typical mix can be broken up into frequency spectrums and then the instruments can be assigned accordingly.

Not that I will really ever use it, but I can see A LOT of value in this for bands who don't want to spend a lot of money on their first demos or rehearsal/live recordings.

All ya'll audiofolks fearing for the $50 per track demo mixing clientele will have to step up their game ...

Didn't Waves do something like this? Only theirs is probably 200 times as much, and probably sounds better...

Edit- And if it is real, for 60 some odd dollars I'll probably end up buying it. Oh wait, isn't everything that Toontracks makes heavily pirated? That means every swinging dick will be using this on thier garage band mixes. Sweet. Can't wait to hear the results on myspace.

but I can see A LOT of value in this for bands who don't want to spend a lot of money on their first demos or rehearsal/live recordings.

Seriously?????? I would MUCH rather spend that money on getting an engineer, no matter how inexperienced, to mix my stuff. I would never trust software to mix my stuff for me. EVER!

The worst thing is that sooo many bands are going to buy into this shit. And start saying shit like "why should I get a mix engineer when I can get EZ Mix to do it for me?"

PRESETS RARELY FUCKING WORK PEOPLE! Doing an entire mix of nothing but presets is NEVER going to work!

How can you set a compressor/eq/anything without knowing what the original sound source is like, where it is lacking and what it needs to do in a mix?
YOU CAN'T!!!

It's ignorant bullshit products like this that are killing the music and recording industry.

HEY GUYS LETS KILL CREATIVITY

800px-simpsons_angry_mob.png

Kinda felt this coming after Waves started pushing those 'all-in-one' track-specific mixing suites.

Makes me sick, but at the same time it's perfect for this generation. You can have it all, now now now, it sounds like everyone else's shit, but who cares when you don't have to pay for it??

I don't know, I'm pretty much a noob but I have no desire to buy that thing. It may or may not work, but I feel like I want to actually learn how to mix. I've learnt a shitload during the last month or so, and I'm in a way addicted to learning more.

Hopefully I'm not the only one...

Seriously?????? I would MUCH rather spend that money on getting an engineer, no matter how inexperienced, to mix my stuff. I would never trust software to mix my stuff for me. EVER!

The worst thing is that sooo many bands are going to buy into this shit. And start saying shit like "why should I get a mix engineer when I can get EZ Mix to do it for me?"

PRESETS RARELY FUCKING WORK PEOPLE! Doing an entire mix of nothing but presets is NEVER going to work!

How can you set a compressor/eq/anything without knowing what the original sound source is like, where it is lacking and what it needs to do in a mix?
YOU CAN'T!!!

It's ignorant bullshit products like this that are killing the music and recording industry.

It's too bad the people who will be buying this can't grasp that concept. Or even understand anything about engineering. Yes, people who KNOW would gladly fork over for an engineer, but they are normally engineers themselves. :lol:

I know Ozone is pretty powerful but I bet there is loads of users that use it just like this. Plonk it on the master bus, choose a preset, the end.

I thought they had a digital watermarking thing like Slate?

:lol:

Fuck no man. That's reason why every ass hat tool churning out shitty demos is using Ez drummer.

Shoot just hang out at HCAF for a while. Everyone is stealing toontrack shit.

The only reason you don't see stuff like superior and SDX stuff cracked (or maybe it is, who knows) is because the library is so fucking huge.

Fuck no man. That's reason why every ass hat tool churning out shitty demos is using Ez drummer.

The only reason you don't see stuff like superior and SDX stuff cracked (or maybe it is, who knows) is because the library is so fucking huge.

Didn't Slate hire the dudes that were creating that dafs shit for toontrack? something about toontrack didnt wanna spend all that extra time running all the discs and samples through another peice of coding,software,hardware... what ever it is.

Yeah, it is cracked man, and you're exactly right - people dont wanna have to download 30g's of samples :lol:

Superior has been cracked but its huge thats why a lot of people stick with DFH :D and someone told me that Slate drums has been uploaded but I don't know if its true. Slate has used proper protection on his samples though, Toontrack didn't :lol:

I'm still happy with the drum sounds I'm getting from Erkan's and Behindert's drum sample packs they uploaded here, and some of the other free samples from here :D

Yeah I didn't really know what toontrack products are cracked as I bought my shit. Actually, I'm not really that on the up and up as to what has been cracked or not. I do know a handful that has like Cubase 5, EZ drummer (and I fucking hate EZ drummer, :lol:).

But anyhow, fuck em. I hope they get Trojans from the cracks/serials/whatever is needed to steal the software.