this NYC transit strike thing is annoying

minxnim

meow
Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
not because there may be a strike (because unions are a-okay by me and i think the city jacks its employees often enough to cause a stink) but because everyone is heated about it and keeps asking 'what will you do on monday!!!??!?' like i am going to ride a fucking camel to work just to get there! and carpooling? with strangers? every psychopath in the city will be out there trolling for little girls like me. no thanx.

actually, i plan on using a rope and catching a comet to get me across the water to manhattan. cuz i'm a cowboy.

Originally posted by the_preppy
actually, i plan on using a rope and catching a comet to get me across the water to manhattan. cuz i'm a cowboy.

i think it's a fact that comets have dinosaurs on them. maybe you wouldn't want to get into work anyhow, if that's the case.

i'd probably be a little stressed if i had to worry about the strike, but overall, meh.

everyone knows that all sewer sludge goes to staten island or long island!

annnyway, i'm not that concerned. my boss said 'see what happens'. so i will. i talked to an attorney today that i know... who is dealing with the city side of negotiations a little, and he said not to be surprised if there was a strike...

Originally posted by the_preppy

my mental image here overlays with my mental image of Y.T. pooning along the LA freeway in Snow Crash.

well, she's taking the chinatown bus (fung wah!) and she's worried that she'll come back and be stranded in chinatown. we're like "take a cab!" and she's like "$$$" and we're like "well, we'll cook at home instead of eating out all weekend, that will save you enough for a cab from c-town to the upper west side" and she's like "...". so we'll see.

well, if there is a strike, probably at least yellow taxis will strike also. at least that is what i know of the situation. but she could take a livery car. if i lived on the upper white side i would totally just walk everywhere. i mean, that's an hour walk to every place in manhattan which is no big deal.

besides, there will not be a strike until monday.

Originally posted by FuSoYa
You could always jump into your nearest sewer tube and ride a wave of sludge underground and up into Manhattan!

TMNT.jpg

dear boss: i dont see me walking for 3.5 hours to work in the snow tomorrow. i also don't see me riding my bike down flatbush avenue all the way to manhattan along with 6,000 other athletically challeged assholes weaving all over the roads. and no, i will not carpool with patrick bateman.....
so if there's a transit strike, you'll be eating a big bag of 'where is amanda at?' tomorrow.

xoxo me.