This sounds all to familiar

MyHatred

Chief Ten Beers
Jun 25, 2004
In the Pabst Brewery
I was reading George Bush Sr. Memoirs from his time as President and this is what he wrote about capturing Saddam and what would happen if we did take him out of power.......I know, I know shut the fuck up with the politics already, but I found this to be very interesting and true.

In his memoirs, "A World Transformed," written five
years ago, George Bush Sr. wrote the following to
explain why he didn't go after Saddam Hussein at the
end of the Gulf War.

"Trying to eliminate Saddam...would have incurred
incalculable human and political costs. Apprehending
him was probably impossible.... We would have been
forced to occupy Baghdad and, in effect, rule
Iraq....There was no viable "exit strategy" we could
see, violating another of our principles. Furthermore,
we had been consciously trying to set a pattern for
handling aggression in the post-Cold War world. Going
in and occupying Iraq, thus unilaterally exceeding
the United Nations' mandate, would have destroyed the
precedent of international response to aggression
that we hoped to establish. Had we gone the invasion
route, the United States could conceivably still be
an occupying power in a bitterly hostile land."

If only his son could read.

that would be considered politics, and we had an agreement,..........but since you brought it up, Desert Storm, was for the liberation of Kuwait, there was no need to take saddam out, although it would have been the best thing to do.
operation Enduring Freedom was about stopping terroist from getting there hands on weapons , materials to make weapons, and the knowlage to make weapons, whether you choose to belive it or not.

2 different wars for 2 different reasons each with different circumstances.

Shall we talk about how France germany and russia told saddam how they werent going to let the US invade Iraq because of the Oil for Food scam they were running or are we not talking politics right now?

old school headbanger said:
that would be considered politics, and we had an agreement,..........but since you brought it up, Desert Storm, was for the liberation of Kuwait, there was no need to take saddam out, although it would have been the best thing to do.
operation Enduring Freedom was about stopping terroist from getting there hands on weapons , materials to make weapons, and the knowlage to make weapons, whether you choose to belive it or not.

2 different wars for 2 different reasons each with different circumstances.

Shall we talk about how France germany and russia told saddam how they werent going to let the US invade Iraq because of the Oil for Food scam they were running or are we not talking politics right now?

Yeah, I'm an ass I won't talk politics until the last debate......*biting tounge* :D