Thoughts on MESHUGGAH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythos Inibri

Undead User
Dec 16, 2005
WA STATE
I've heard bad reports of this band.I've only heard one song "Shed" it sounds good to me.Is all their stuff that good?Are they worth buying?

Destroy Erase Improve is the album where they really defined their sound and broke new ground, its also probably considered their best by the majority of fans since lots of people seem to have become disillusioned with them as they moved further away from conventional songwriting and started to experiment more with intensity, repetition and atmosphere. The song 'Shed' is taken from their newest record Catch 33 and is not really a good representation of the rest of the album which is far less accessible as a whole (it is really just one long song) than that track would suggest. I recommend checking out DEI and working from there, since C33 would probably be more rewarding if you are already familiar with their style.

:lol: @ the video where the band lip syncs and plays air guitar to "new millenium cianide christ" on their tour bus. best video ever.

Get the 20 minute brain melter "I" e.p.

Once you absorb that, you'll get the essence of Meshuggah.

If I see someone say this band is tech or prog again i'm going to have george bush send them to Iraq. I'm not kidding!

meshuggah is prog in that they're progressive in that they don't sound like any band before or since, which is the essence of progressiveness, which is the foundation of prog. they're definately not tech.

I liked contradiction collapse alot, and some of their other stuff, but it just doesn't work with me now.... Far to repetitive and chug riffs for me.

I feel absolutely nothing when listening to them. That's the worst thing music can do. If other people are taken away to a realm of geometric mindfuckery or whatever the hell their music is supposed to inspire, great. Those people are probably on some good drugs though.

I tend to get the same crushed and numb feeling I get from extreme doom or really crazy death metal, at their best the force Meshuggah hit with is unreal. Though it took me quite a while to really enjoy them and they're still not exactly my favourite band.

shape2k said:
http://www.YourFreeVideoiPods.com/index.php?ref=1671859

http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=28098545

FREE IPOD(NOT A SCAM) I know what you're thinking, nothing is free right. Well if you do this right it is free and very easy especially considering what you're getting. Both of the links above provide free ipods, the first one gives you a 60 gig one with video(8 referrals) the other is for a 30 gig one(5 referrals). You can do both if you want and get two ipods for FREE. They also have offers for other things that you can check out. This is not a scam it actually works, it has been in several articles around the net(geek.com/news/geeknews/2004Aug/gee20040819026544.htm) There have been scams for free ipods on ebay but this is not one of those. If you dont believe me check the links for yourself. Both of the ipods are really easy to get all you need to do is have a few friends sign up. Also for the offers just choose the free offers so it costs you nothing, or just cancel the offers after the trial period is over so again it costs you nothing. My friend told me about this a month ago and I laughed at him, but two weeks ago he got his ipod and I was jealous. What do you have to lose? maybe a couple minutes but just think about what you have to gain!
What the fuck does that have to do with the topic of this thread?

i think meshuggah is pretty good
i liked the destroy erase improve record and shed is a good song

so meshuggah is a good band

I'm really digging Meshuggah lately . Catch 33 is great , although a bit repetitive at times ... but there's nothing better when you need to do some mindless headbanging :p They're fucking intense , for sure ... hard for me to play an album all the way through sometimes o_O But what I've heard by them I love .

Destroy Erase Improve = classic .

Meshuggah 'nothing' sounds like britney spears shit hitting toilet water after she was doing cocaine & drinking whiskey all night.

GROSS... I can't believe I said that.

vomits

evil miscreant said:
I've heard bad reports of this band.I've only heard one song "Shed" it sounds good to me.Is all their stuff that good?Are they worth buying?
Fuck yeah they are worth buying!

Life Sucks said:

buttflow.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.