Thrash Metal Song : what do you think?

Black_70

New Metal Member
May 15, 2021
Hi Metal fans,
I'm a metal and thrash fan since the middle 80's, and in this crazy times I decided to make a own thrash song.
I have no experience in song writing, and I'm not deep into recording. I'm influenced by bands like Testament, Exodus, old Metallica, Slayer ,Death Angel ,Vio-lence , Annihilator and many others, and tried to pay homage to them.(with my limited guitar skills :)

What do you think about the song and the sound? Do you think it's a good mix? I think it's not bad, but could be better....

Suggestions are welcome...
cheers!

Sounds nice dude! Good mix! If I were you, I'd got rid of that room, bathroom reverb from vocals. It sounds a bid hollow? Maybe its because of main vocal double tracking? Overall good stuff and I can feel massive Metallica influence which is great!
Adee

Wow, banging song and that mix is killer dude.

Gotta agree with the dude above me, the vocals need something else. Get rid of that reverb. The vocals need to be right in the middle on a song like this and maybe they need a touch more compression. Your stuff remind me of Hatesphere. One of their records 'To The Nines' has got to be one of my favourite metal mixes. The vocal mixing on that would be perfect for this song.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions !
Yes the vocals are double tracked, but unfortunately bad recorded with a lot of natural reverb and some backround noise. The guy has a good voice but no idea how to record it proper. So it is difficult to work with it.
But it's nice that you like the overall mix.
Thanks again.