Thrash Metal Victory! 1983 - 1990

Bathory's S/T I very much recognize the importance of but the ideas would be far better realized on the following couple of albums. Bathory > Metallica, though.

83: SLAYER (Show no Mercy)
84: METALLICA (Ride the Ligthning)
85: POSSESSED (Seven Churches)
86: DESTRUCTION (Eternal Devastation)
87: DEATH ANGEL (Ultra Violence)
88: ANTHRAX (State of Euphoria)
89: SEPULTURA (Beneath the Remains)
90: SLAYER (Seasons in the Abyss)

The only thrash album I kind of dig is Metallica's "Kill 'em All". I've tried Sodom's "Agent Orange", S.O.D's "Speak English Or Die", Dew-Scented's "Impact", Slayer's "Reign In Blood", Kreator's "Violent Revolution" and so on, but I find that something is missing.. I really wish I was into thrash, because there ARE some riffgasms found in the abovementioned bands' works now and then, but there is something lacking. Vocals is the main turn-off. I am a sinner.

Downloading "Pleasure To Kill", Destruction's "All Hell Breaks Loose", Exodus' "Tempo Of The Damned" and "Bonded By Blood" now. Hopefully I'll find something I really like.

If you don't you're really really stupid, but from the looks of that you haven't really gotten important rule #1 through your skull: the earlier the better (Even if those later releases aren't bad at all)

Always go to the year 1986 if you are in doubt:

Slayer - Reign in Blood
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Kreator - Pleasure to Kill
Exodus - Bonded by Blood
Coroner - Death Cult
Destruction - Eternal Devastation
Forbidden - Endless Slaughter
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Bathory - Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Sodom - Obsessed by Cruelty
Megadeth - Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus
Iron Maiden - Somewhere in Time
Mayhem - Pure Fucking Armageddon
Nuclear Assault - Game Over
Onslaught - The Force
Sadus - DTP
Heathen - Pray for Death

Also, anyone who knows more stuff I should add to that, let me know.

It fucking well is! I can very much understand if you like it since you like Kill 'em All. If you liike MoP (you should), try Heathen - Victims of Deception.

You need to listen to Speak English or Die like 500 more times until you like it because it ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuules.

the best EXODUS release is the live one ... ANOTHER LESSON IN VIOLENCE ... by far the best LIVE record I own ...

if you have a kick ass stereo system ... the drums will literally break glass ... amazing

SO
YOU
THINK
THAT YOU CAN MOSH

GOT YOUR SUSPENDERS
AND GOT YOUR BOOTS
YOU BETTER WEAR ARMOR
YOU FUCKIN FOOL
WE MOSH!
UNTIL WE DIE
WE MOSH!
UNTIL YOU FRY

BUT CAN YOU DO...

THE MILANO MOSH!!!

:kickass:

For 1990:

Seasons in the Abyss: 7 votes (although Ayeka admitted he hasn't heard RiP)
Rust in Peace: 7 votes

I have to say, that is shocking that Megadeth didn't win 1990 unanimously. It's not like RiP was up against RiB. Some of you are very naughty boys (and girl).