Thrash Metal Victory! 1983 - 1990

I shock so many people whenever I say Reign in Blood is not the best Slayer, I think I've said it like 30 times on this forum alone. :tickled:

RANKED!

1. Seasons
2. Divine Intervention
3. Reign in Blood
4. Show No Mercy
5. South of Heaven
6. Hell Awaits

:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

Hey NAD - just curious, but if Rust in Peace is the greatest metal album of all time, and yet you still struggled to choose it over Slayer, does that mean SitA is the second greatest metal album of all time...?

JayKeeley said:
Hey NAD - just curious, but if Rust in Peace is the greatest metal album of all time, and yet you still struggled to choose it over Slayer, does that mean SitA is the second greatest metal album of all time...?
It probably is, or at least in the top 5 somewhere. Might be time to make a Top 10 BUY OR DIE list again...

lurch70 said:
Divine before RIB .... WTF ???!!?!?!??
you just lost all cred ...
It still kills me that every time I say this somebody else finally sees it. I've probably said it like 90 times in the past year on this forum. :loco:

To clarify, RiB is obviously more of a watermark album, and it is certainly a more consistent release, but Divine has more of my all time favorite Slayer songs. I could live with only Angel of Death and Raining Blood from RiB, but would need Fictional Reality, Sex. Murder. Art., Divine Intervention, and a few more from Divine to make a NAD's Picks Slayer Shits CD, or something.

Hahahaha. Actually a greatest hits Slayer album requires a boxset, Hell Awaits may be my least favorite Slayer (besides the latest two albums), but it still fucking rules.

One Inch Man said:
Might be time to make a Top 10 BUY OR DIE list again...

Go ahead, by all means, create the official TOP 10 list thread for Royal Carnage posters - it'd be interesting to see which albums people think are TEH BEST of all time. :Spin:

A static top 10 list of all time is impossible, but go ahead and make the thread. It'll be interesting to see what other people put in their lists, considering it has to cover albums from ALL TIME.

If the "nooooo" was because of my last post: My English sucks big time now and then when posting on message boards, and my latest post was a good example of that. What I meant was that he should start a thread where all the RC regulars can list their TOP 10!!!! WORSHIP OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCES!!!! albums.

I think one of the Top 10 BUY OR DIE!!!111111 lists made was actually regularly updated for awhile but maybe a new one is in order. Oh wait, maybe that was Top 10 metal, I don't think an OF ALL GOD DAMN TIME list has been done.

I'll have to think a bit.

Also you get into situations where people don't include stuff that is easily "10/10 classic buy or die" material just because they don't necessarily listen to it as much anymore.

Somehow you have to nominate albums based on how great you thought they were at their individual peaks of glory, not what you listened to last week.

Erik said:
Íf an album doesn't stand the test of time like that I'm not sure it qualifies as 11/10 BUY OR PERISH IN FLAMES material anyway, if I'm making sense.
Well, obviously you can only refer to all the albums you've ever heard to date, where each album has been given AMPLE airplay, and if you've only been listening to metal for 12 months then it's not exactly much of a task is it....!

EDIT: Also, it's perfectly conceivable that there may just not be enough time to listen to all your favourite albums. Therefore some drop off the radar just because you're busy trying to explore new stuff.

One Inch Man said:
Hahahaha. Actually a greatest hits Slayer album requires a boxset, Hell Awaits may be my least favorite Slayer (besides the latest two albums), but it still fucking rules.
The only ones I play with any regularity anymore are South Of Heaven, Divine Intervention and Hell Awaits.

I made a SLAYER set a few years back, it was before Diabolus came out. It consists of two 90 minute tapes. I probably still play these more than anything else

Volume 1

Side One

Killing Fields
Sex, Murder, Art
Read Between The Lies
Epidemic
Raining Blood
Crypts Of Eternity
Die By The Sword
Blood Red
Mandatory Suicide
Dittohead