Thrash recommendations?

DarkNe0

New Metal Member
Sep 13, 2011
I'm a thrasher, and I'm always looking for new Thrash Metal bands, but now I'm blocked and can't find anything good anymore.

Any band other than Slayer, Megadeth, Kreator, Anthrax, Sodom, Destruction, Testament, Exodus, Metal Church and Overkill would be awesome.

Deliverance is a must. Check out either their self-titled album or the even better follow-up Weapons of Our Warfare. It's like Ride the Lightning with Geoff Tate on Vocals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coroner!

Heathen
Death Angel
Intruder
Paradox
Abandoned
Savage Messiah
Brute Force
Hallows Eve
Anacrusis
Znöwhite
Dark Angel

and more, but those I had now atop in my mind.

start with...

Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Sadus - Illusions
Forbidden - Forbidden Evil
Sabbat - Dreamweaver
Sacrifice - Forward to Termination

Artillery!
Holy Moses
Nuclear Assault
Voivod (at least their early stuff)
Forced Entry
Nasty Savage
Atrophy
Deathrow
Meliah Rage

Nasty Savage
Atrophy
Deathrow
Meliah Rage

Great calls!

Forbidden (nobody mentioned them :oops:)
Hexenhaus
Forte
Mekong Delta
Toxic
Heretic
Witchhammer
Urto
Savage Steel
Maninnya Blade
Zoetrope
Darkness
Angel Dust (first two albums exclusively for thrash)

Most of the bands I would have mentioned have been already, being:
Death Angel (fuck so many more people should know of these guys)
Forbidden
Anacrusis
Watchtower
Artillery
Exhorder
Flotsam and Jetsam
Hatriot
Osmium
Mortal Sin

Malakyte (Aussie band I'm mates with, possibly supporting Mortal Sin and Destruction when they tour Aus). If you can't find their stuff anywhere, I'd be more than happy to swing their EP your way. I'm also doing some recording for them soonish. Just swing me a PM.

Most of the bands I would have mentioned have been already, being:
Death Angel (fuck so many more people should know of these guys)

I agree that it's a band usually left behind. Most people praise the debut a lot, but for me the reunion album "The Art Of Dying" is their best.

The new one it's kinda mix for my taste, I would have left out the acoustic outro in 'Claws In So Deep', or converted in an intro for the next song. On the other hand you have 'I Chose The Sky' which is one hell of a song :headbang:

Not mentioned yet:
Battlefield - "We Come To Fight"
Détente - "Recognize No Authority"
Drifter - "Reality Turns To Dust"
Fear Of God - "Within The Veil"/"Toxic Voodoo"
Ice Age
Mordred - "Fool's Game"
Original Sin - "Sin Will Find You Out"
Sacrilege (UK) - "Behind The Realms Of Madness"/"Within The Prophecy"
Sieges Even - "Life Cycle"

I agree that it's a band usually left behind. Most people praise the debut a lot, but for me the reunion album "The Art Of Dying" is their best.

The new one it's kinda mix for my taste, I would have left out the acoustic outro in 'Claws In So Deep', or converted in an intro for the next song. On the other hand you have 'I Chose The Sky' which is one hell of a song :headbang:

Claws In So Deep is so NOT a Death Angel song imo... to be honest their newest album is probably my least favourite DA album next to Frolic. While I initially thought their debut and Art Of Dying were their most killer, I have actually warmed more to Act III and Killing Season nowadays... Discontinued and Disturbing The Peace are just fucking awesome. I'm so cut Andy and Dennis left...

I'm actually partial to say that Death Of The Meek, River Of Rapture and Absence Of Light are the best songs on their latest, despite 2 of those 3 hardly receiving any promo or live attention... This Hate is fucking sick too.

I also noticed noone mentioned Annihilator... rookie error guys. :p

DRI are also pretty cool from what little I've heard so far. Just listening to their album "Thrash Zone" for the first time atm.

Mantic Ritual are pretty cool too. Should definitely check them out. Imagine Exodus with Megadeth lead guitar and real old-school, debut-album 80s thrash vocals. Really cool.

Also here are my mates from Malakyte that I mentioned earlier, I recommend everyone have a listen :D

I'm a thrasher, and I'm always looking for new Thrash Metal bands, but now I'm blocked and can't find anything good anymore.

Any band other than Slayer, Megadeth, Kreator, Anthrax, Sodom, Destruction, Testament, Exodus, Metal Church and Overkill would be awesome.

try Vio-Lence, Tankard, Whiplash, Nuclear Assault, Exumer, Evildead, Artillery, Annihilator, and D.R.I

I'm more looking for a band with cleaner vocals, something Death Angel/Anthrax/Overkill-ish, suggestions?