Thrash!

Aspid.JPG

I've recently been listening to Аспид (Aspid), quite obscure and underrated Russian band who were playing a perfect technical thrash metal. Their '92 standout album Кровоизлияние (Extravasation) is a pearl of that time, unfortunately, it's a single release by them during their career. Can't believe how could I be so blind not to notice it!

Highly reccomend to all who love tech thrash metal. Gosh, we urgently need a new 'Most underrated thrash albums' thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Impact is damn good! Take the Pain is an excellent example of genuine and pure thrash of the early 90s. They could be much 'bigger' if they played a few years earlier.

Baroque, thanks for reminding how awesome this band was. I've never heard Atomic and Nephastus, so I'm going to check them later.

looking for very punky thrash /borderline NY hardcore punk stuff similar to this.

* Already familliar with Cro-mags, Leeway, Agnostic front etc.

ClichéUserName, try out this overlooked German band called True Blue, their Friday, May 13th demo is truly awesome and perfectly fits in what you're looking for. They released only that demo and The Ice EP.

You may also like Dallas crossover thrash band Power Trip, if you aren't already familiar with them. The production of the debut album Manifest Decimation makes you think that they recorded it somewhere in 1985. I'd also recommend you to check their 2008 demo tape out cause it has that late 80's NY hardcore sound.

You may also like Dallas crossover thrash band Power Trip, if you aren't already familiar with them. The production of the debut album Manifest Decimation makes you think that they recorded it somewhere in 1985. I'd also recommend you to check their 2008 demo tape out cause it has that late 80's NY hardcore sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5Fy1B6OWP8

This was pretty good, some good riffs there.

But i must say i prefered the more raw straightforward styled approach of TRUE BLUE.

thanks for the recommendations!

ClichéUserName, you're welcome, pal!

You should probably do a research of the late 80's NY hardcore scene, if you're specifically looking for NY raw straightforward sound. Firstly, I'd recommend you to start with the following acts:

Also New Breed tape compilation may help you to find out what the NY hardcore scene was like back in the day. Tell me if you dig one of these bands, so maybe I could name you some 'more obscure' bands in that vein.

Just happened a young tech-leaning thrash band called Violent Omen, and I'm liking them. They're clearly Destruction and Coroner fans (sometimes a little too obviously), but it's always nice to hear new thrash bands that place the primary concern in riffage.

In this song they somehow got Josh Christian to contribute a guitar solo as well as John Gallagher (plus a brief bass solo) and Andreas Grieder (Destruction's Cracked Brain) on vocals.

Did a quick search and found these guys, I am familiar with Power Trip and looked for similar artists on metal-archives.com sounds pretty good so far.