Thrash!

Another new discovery, Deceptor. Apparently they have four EPs, and the last two are both definitely up my alley. The song-writing on the latest is actually quite surprising, and it's hard for me to come up with an easy comparison. The riffing is very tight and often syncopated reminiscent of tech-era Nasty Savage, but they're full of full-on totally-legitimate traditional/power sections and also utilize some death metal riffing. I'd call them tech-thrash, yet they remain fluid between changing sounds (think maybe DBC's Universe for those that have heard it). The vocals are a bit unhinged, riding the line between excitement and campiness, but succeeding. They're actually reminding me of the American band Antagonist (and a personal kvlt favorite), who also only released a couple EPs and had a similar ambitious-yet-unpretentious approach. There's a sci-fi edge too, but no, they don't sound remotely like Vektor. Haven't heard anything this fucking awesome since Immaculate's Cross of Nero.

tl;dr great tech-thrash with an original sound

http://deceptor.bandcamp.com/

It's just fucking ridiculous how good these guys are at this point in time. Some of the most talented thrashers out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuck YES!

From facebook;

Hobbs Angel of Death

Thrash Metal from Melbourne/Australia

whilst on tour in Europe in 2013 a new album was recorded - unsure of a release date or details - but i'm sure it will be released sometime this year.

look forward to hearing new tunes.

A Punto - Revolution Permanente

Anarchist underground thrash/death band from Argentina, 1994. Good stuff. Skip past the 1 minute long intro.

This stuff is way out of left field. The vocals are almost like Antidote - The Truth. Vocal styles waver between growling, singing, and speaking with great inflection, like sprechstimme in 20th century classical music.

Love unique/creative thrash bands like this.

Typhoon - Take Good Care (check out track 2, starts at 1:35)

HamburgerBoy, your thoughts on this band?

Just discovered this. Mind Ashes - The Views Obscured

Pretty solid tech thrash from '97.

I've been into 90's tech thrash in general recently.