Thrash!

1995 thrash time. Dig deep folks, there has to be something good out there.

A few more obvious ones:

Obliveon - Cybervoid
Solstice - Pray
Grip Inc. - Power of Inner Strength
Entropy - Transcendence
Kreator - Cause for Conflict
Destruction - Them Not Me EP

I like this album too, HBB rec'd it to me a year or two ago:
End Zone - First Bequest

Just found this, surprisingly good:
Trizna - Out Of Step

Form - I Choose My Own. Thrash/power (Metallum and thrashmania say it's 1995)

Zhelezny Potok - Calling of Eternity

Last edited by a moderator:
"Negatron" (from 1995) is not one of my favourite Voivod-albums, but it still has got some decent tunes like e.g. this one:

Even though the following song is probably the only thrash metal song on Hades' "Exist To Resist" (also from 1995) and just a re-recording of my favourite song from their debut "Resisting Success" (released in 1987), I'll post it nevertheless:

New Scanner (this may have been posted already) sounds great. Hope the whole thing is this good.

Didn't know they had new album coming out, I like it.

I was just wondering, this year a lot of big guns are releasing albums. Big 4, Testament, Kreator, Toxik, Dark Angel, D.R.I., possibly Coroner, and other bands I can't think of off my head. Might be a pretty good year for thrash.

Seems like Thrash lost its edge in 1994, but came back raging again in 1995. At least in the underground scene.

Now it's time for 1996.

Metallica - Load
Hahaha.... not!

Some quality prog thrash:
Brainstorm - Brainstorm

A classic:
Aura Noir - Black Thrash Attack

Virtual - Language of Machines

Agony - Millenium

Absurd - Shadows

By the way, I appreciate everone's contributions for previous years, and hope to see more! I'm compiling all contributions into youtube playlists by year, for future reference. Just search for "Best Thrash Metal of X" on youtube where X is the year to see them all in one place.

Funny, I had just pulled out Brainstorm's 1994 demo from a folder of unlistened downloads, and downloaded the album after really enjoying the demo. Haven't listened to the full thing yet though. I never realized it before, but I think you might be right that 1994 was the absolute bottom.

Faustus' And Still We Suffer is really strong and sounds more like something from 1990, and Moriturus' Black Thoughts is a bit odd but interesting taken in full.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3dx_Q-YULI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxgbGbWdPsw

I wouldn't say I love the Antagonist vocalist, but I like how he's such a snarly and sorta typical thrash vocalist over such quality riffing, comes off like a tech-y Exodus or something. Black Sands of Time in particular is one of my all-time favorite thrash songs.

not for me, i don't like anything about his vocals. he's the worst part from the album
no melodic qualities to his vocals and his snarly tone comes off as inauthentic and weak. He sounds like he was taken from a manowar cover band and was forced to do the vocals :tickled:. unsurprisingly, the band became a manowar clone in their next album.

with that said,
black sands is still awesome and it's def the best song on the album

( old chat. excuse me for being late)

The second EP doesn't really sound like Manowar despite the Kill With Power cover. If anything, it's kind of like a prototype to the current Satan's Host sound, trad/power mixed with melodic black-ish metal riffing. It's good stuff no matter the lack of thrash.

This is from 2010, but I had to share this. Someone posted it on Metallum, sick death/thrash band with no full length yet.

I'm going to wrap up 1996 tonight/tomorrow, any more submissions? So far it looks like overall:

1993 was the beginning of the downturn
1994 was a low point
1995 thrash rebounded quite a bit
1996 was a new low, lower than 1994

Hopefully 1997 will bring more quality stuff.

I don't understand why you keep referring 90's thrash. It's all garbage. I listen to your samples and albums and songs and they are all doo-doo. There is no reason, at least that I can tell, to look for a thrash album in the 90s. Move on man

I don't understand why you keep referring 90's thrash. It's all garbage. I listen to your samples and albums and songs and they are all doo-doo. There is no reason, at least that I can tell, to look for a thrash album in the 90s. Move on man

If you have nothing useful to contribute, and only negative things to say, then get the fuck out. This is the thread for discovering thrash gems, not the whining and bitching thread.

I have discovered several bands I enjoy through this deep search, there's quality thrash from every year. And many other bands I at least enjoy some aspect of, guitar riffs, drums, and/or vocals etc.

I don't think you know what whining and bitching is. I just said you are wasting your time trying to be cool by finding obscure garbage thrash bands from the 90s, and i'm curious why.

I think one of the guys from Laceration used to post here.

:rolleyes: What a fucking douche.

I love the fact that he's finding stuff that a lot of us haven't listened to, and quite a few of them are pretty good too. Personally, i love what he's doing ... and im pretty sure most of the other guys who frequent this thread will tell you the same ... so fuck off.

I don't think you know what whining and bitching is. I just said you are wasting your time trying to be cool by finding obscure garbage thrash bands from the 90s, and i'm curious why.

You are wasting your time trying to be cool by acting all elitist. Elitism isn't cool, it's being an asshole. "I'm too good for all of the 470 thrash albums released in 1995 alone."

There is plenty of good music in that era and you can't even make that claim unless you've listened to all of those albums. I'm not trying to be cool, I'm trying to find good music to listen to from sources I haven't tried yet. As I said, if you have nothing useful to contribute and only negative things to say, then get the fuck out.