Thrash!

Listened to parts of new Havok on YT - damn it's bland and boring. Drumming is far from what it used to be on TIU, riffs are desperately trying to be interesting but lots of them is of start-stop kind, which really kills the flow/energy and rest is wannabe Voivod/Vektor/Coroner technical riffs that are just bad.
Can't say I expected much, but seeing all the 9-10/10 reviews makes me wonder what they see in it.

... Havok have almost always been a boring band.

There's so much better thrash/blackened thrash so far this year dude. Check out the Antichrist song I posted in the 2017 thread and also check out the new The Furor (AUS)....some sick shit right there. It should make Kreator blush on their way to the pub.

I'll definitely check it out. But Kreator aren't blackend thrash. They're not black anything.

New Kreator sounds like the last 3 albums and everyone is saying it's their best in 20 years. What?

I've only listened to it once so i cant really comment on it being better than their last three. But their last few albums are clearly their best work since Coma of Souls ... which was released in 1990. So i dont see how that comment would be unrealistic.