Thrash!

@CASSETTEISGOD You don't like Art of Partying?

I don't hate it, but they fucking turned into a meme with that album. It's also way overproduced I think. I preferred their much more raw stuff, which also leaned much more on their punkier influences.

In the end they don't have an album out I don't like.

Yeah, that album is definitely one of their best. Much better than Waste Em All.

:lol:

Something ^new.

1991 thrash metal album is getting a remaster and reissue this year, I've actually never heard of these guys before but this record label is handling some really cool shit in other genres too.

Last edited:
Reactions: RadicalThrasher
That Dementia album is so overrated. Blech mid-tempo Metallica/Testament-style Bay Area thrash, inexplicably praised by the same people that would shit on those bands. Decent lead guitarist though.

Yeah, it didn't blow me away at all but I thought some fools in here might be interested, as I think it's kind of hard to find in the wild y'know?

Yeah tbh I think that's part of its popularity, iirc that one was one of the most expensive thrash CDs on eBay before any reissues.

Which really just pisses me off down into my soul when mediocre albums are worth a lot of money, just because it's obscure or rare or whatever. That shit is fucking in-crowd as shit.

Fuck no! I'm talking about the assholes that sell mediocre but obscure stuff for way more cash than it should be. There are guys selling cassette tapes by subpar bands (albeit still tapes I do want to buy) for hundreds of dollars.

Really? Cassette tapes for hundreds of dollars? The most wildcard format there is it might not even play?

If it sells, it sells. I have roughly 50 demo tapes in my collection, all advertised as working by the sellers, and only one had any kind of problem (which was fixable and worth it due to the obscurity of the tape). If I had shittons of cash and there was, say, some totally-forgotten Exodus bootleg from 1982 on tape, and the alternative was just hoping that the collector that bought it would eventually rip it, I might pay hundreds.

For the guys that seem to list the same tapes for years on end without a buyer, yeah seems weird, but whatever. I've never tried going after those because they're outside of my price range, but I've heard anecdotes online of prospective buyers contacting them and getting a sizable price tag reduction.

Well that is true that many sellers are willing to haggle with you, but I've also had sellers post damn near novels justifying their retardedly high prices. I just leave them be.

What I'm saying is, these things don't sell. I've been watching certain tapes on Discogs for example for literally years, just waiting for their price to drop and even messaging them and it never does. Not many people want to risk good money on a tape. Hell, I've purchased tapes that were blank.

Reactions: Dak
I have the original. Good to know it'll be worth shit.

and I agree its average at best.

If they ever re-issue this, I'll die a happy man.

22682.jpg

Reactions: CiG
The first and last tracks on the new Warbringer are the best. The first one is cool because of the lyrics and theme, some solid riffs. The last track is the most progressive thing I've heard Warbringer attempt. At some points it's a bit hollow but it has the all of the best guitar riffs on the whole album. You can definitely hear Vektor influence in here. This song is about a 4.5/5

That said the rest of the album is pretty average or below for what I expect from Warbringer.