Thrash!

Just got an email from Divebomb records saying that they got copies of Silence's Vision album up for order. I know this is kind of hard to come by without paying ridiculous prices....so if anybody is interested.

http://divebombrecords.bigcartel.com/product/featured-distro-item-silence-vision-cd

We have acquired sealed original pressing copies of SILENCE's one and only CD, Vision. We have obtained these copies directly from the band and they are 100% original in factory shrink wrap.

This (former) thrash metal rarity can now be yours!

IMG_3099.JPG

We have set up easy purchasing of multiple copies (if you would like) to save people on combined shipping. Use drop down menu to select the amount of copies you prefer.

If you live in USA use the "One (1) Copy [Domestic or International Shipment]" item and add as many copies as you like to your cart. All other options are for INTERNATIONAL customers.

Please note this item is not available for any of our free shipping offers.

Reactions: Baroque
Just a heads up, looks like that Silence cd is almost sold out. According to Divebombs facebook page they approached the band about a re-release, but the band still had a bunch of original copies in their possession. So it was decided that divebomb would just distribute those. https://m.facebook.com/divebombrecords/

@Baroque , @TechnicalBarbarity , @CASSETTEISGOD and any thrash fans or people that still buy physical media.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Terrifier - Weapons of Thrash Destruction is GREAT and Battlegrave isn't bad. Just hate having to sample through a lot of meh to terrible to get them good thrash feelz.

Saw Power Trip live yesterday. They fucking slay, man. I even bought a copy of Manifest Decimation. They're so fucking great live, pure fucking energy. Go and see them if you have an opportunity to do that. Future of thrash metal.

They are coming to Greensboro, NC at the end of the school year on a Sunday. At this point pretty tempted to say fuck it and show up to class on Monday sleepy and hungover. I had Manifest Decimation before Nightmare Logic came out, but I had no idea they could put out the thrash perfection of Nightmare logic based on that initial release. At this point if I was forced to keep only one thrash album, Nightmare Logic would be it.

They are coming to Greensboro, NC at the end of the school year on a Sunday. At this point pretty tempted to say fuck it and show up to class on Monday sleepy and hungover. I had Manifest Decimation before Nightmare Logic came out, but I had no idea they could put out the thrash perfection of Nightmare logic based on that initial release. At this point if I was forced to keep only one thrash album, Nightmare Logic would be it.

Actually, I prefer Manifest Decimation to Nightmare Logic mainly because of the fact that the title track is thrash perfection to me. Both albums are immaculate tho. Great group, incredible live.

Actually, I prefer Manifest Decimation to Nightmare Logic mainly because of the fact that the title track is thrash perfection to me. Both albums are immaculate tho. Great group, incredible live.

Executioner's Tax (Swing of the Axe) from Nightmare Logic is the most metal metal song ever.

Edit: Just researched those NC date tickets and nope. 2.5 hour drive each way to pay Metallica ticket prices to see them in a glorified warehouse. Amazing band but not going to pay to see them play a truncated setlist in a shithole with a 5 hr drive.

Last edited:
so after talking to the guy at divebomb he said they have more but they will be selling them for $25+shipping instead of $15 and they have some slightly damaged ones for $15. what kind of shit is that? thanks but no thanks. All he did is ensure that i never send a penny their way.

Sounds like supply and demand, I missed out too and not even upset. That's the case with all kinds of releases, video games etc, for limited edition popular items early adopters pay less.

To be honest $25 isn't that bad if it's worth that amount to you personally. Looking at the last sold listings on ebay it went for $525 and like $925. There's also one on discogs right now for $705. Talk about ridiculous.

Reactions: Baroque
no, the fact that he upped the price when he was selling it for $15 just last week is pure scumbaggery. "oh shit people want it let me get more money out of them since i can". Says everything about how he runs his business. Doesnt matter to me how much that album is worth, i wont be doing business with anyone like that. I even messaged him a few days ago asking if he still had any copies, he said yes ye did and once he sorted everything out he would start selling them again. Didn't mention anything about hiking up the price. Supply and demand my ass. Maybe If everyone didnt have that kind of sheepish mentality then they wouldn't be jacking up the prices on us.

And as far as the damage he said there's some moisture/water damage or some shit about the trays.

To be honest $25 isn't that bad if it's worth that amount to you personally.

It isn't if that's the lowest price I can find for something. If he sells it for 15, sees that it's a successful seller and then raises the price, he is gouging the client for his own gain. As a business owner, that is his right but it's questionable practice to do that suddenly especially if there's nothing you get in addition to the CD or it's not some kind of special edition or something like that.

Microeconomic principles do not justify this. It's one thing if it's something that waxes and wanes with economic cycles (like certain foods or whatever) and it's another entirely for something involving discretionary spending.

@The Ozzman , don't really disagree with anything you're saying. I was just pointing out that $25 isn't bad considering what it usually goes for. Its just a matter if its worth that much to you personally.

And I guarantee all these new listings paid only $ 15. Hence my point about $25 not being too bad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silence-Vis...074470?hash=item283dd533e6:g:uuIAAOSw7ZlZnwg4

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silence-Vis...726834?hash=item361feaf8f2:g:hRUAAOSwcXpZoJE1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SILENCE-Vis...709882?hash=item3f8570ec3a:g:l~UAAOSwxzBZmHrh

https://www.discogs.com/sell/list?master_id=782185&ev=mb

I was just pointing out that $25 isn't bad considering what it usually goes for

I agree with you here. $30 is my upper limit for buying CDs I really want to complete a collection for instance. I would probably go up to $50 for an LP but that would be for a select few (like Holy Diver OP for example. I would probably pay more than $50 for that though).

Reactions: RadicalThrasher