Thread where you talk about music you like

panzerfaust666

German Asshole
Feb 24, 2007
Kelowna,B.C. Canada
Idea stolen from GMD. Instead of posting a thread for every band you like, come here.
If there is a good discussion, upon which you can greatly expand on, then you can create a thread for it.

For everything else, post here.

Currently digging, Dr.Dre-2001.

That's a really good album. My friend introduced me to Dr. Dre and I love both 2001 and The Chronic. I feel The Chronic edges out 2001 slightly, but whatever.

Anyway, I am really digging Cream. I got Cream - Gold in a secret Santa thing at work and it's awesome. It's a great retrospective of the highlights of Cream's entire output. It's a goos starter album. I'll get all of the individual albums eventually.

I like edgy hard drivin music the most and am further drawn in if a song has a great guitar groove, one thats put together just right, then of course the perfect bass and drum lines behind that working like a finely tuned machine can move mountains, then if the singer kicks in with the perfectly matching dynamic attack.... its all over... yea, thats the kind of music I like.

I really like Queensryche, I know its cliche, but I really love silent lucidity, My mother used to play that on guitar and sing it for me when I was a little tyke.. but I read "Dr Dre", Thats cool you like it, I don't mind him, but personally as far as rap goes, or "hip-hop" I love atmosphere, No album in particular, maybe god loves ugly, but I really like these songs: Trying to find a balance, smart went crazy, Sunshine, always coming back home to you, little man, and sound is vibration... In my opinion I think hip-hop is more musical than rap..

RHCP is one of the most overrated bands in existence and Flea is a sloppy bass player

you could not have been more right my friend! :worship:

I despise his bass playing. When other people I know tell me he was their inspiration to take up bass (my cousin for example) I have to point, laugh, and walk away.

Geddy Lee was my inspiration for playing bass. I love that guy! :headbang: