Three Death Metal Albums for the road...

JayKeeley said:
Does anything from Melechesh rank among those? Probably not. Are they better than most DM bands out there TODAY? Yep. Certainly the most original - name one band that sounds like Melechesh.

Innovation and originality DOES NOT necessarily make a band good. I can't name a band that sounds like Melechesh, but that doesn't prove anything else that they're original, which shouldn't be an indicator of their quality. My death metal band, Cripple Decapitation, uses the Gjallarhorn (war horn from Norse mythology), the flute and the spoons as instruments, and we also sample fish sounds from a real aquarium. I can't name any other bands with that specific combination of instruments, nor can I name a band that sounds like us. Does that make us original? Yes. Does it make us good? Not at all.

Haha! You guys remind me of some of the kids in my class that's always arguing about whether or not hip-hop artists are posers or not because they're not real gangsta's and live in the "hood". Does it really matter?

that's the same thing as some of these "woe-is-me" bands that are made up of 30-somethings from middle to upper middle class homes and sing about teen angst and mommy didn't love me, yet they live in the lap of luxury.

Posers.

lurch70 said:
honestly, i just have a bone to pick with Nile ... they irk me beyond words.
the only pyramid they have ever seen in their life is the fucking Luxor in Vegas. :Spin:

lurch70 said:
Get on a fucking plane and drag your fat honky ass to the pyramids at least.

lurch70 said:
if he can fit his fat ass inside an actual pyramid and take a picture holding a camel's hram ... all is forgiven and I will worship them as they worship egyptian books in the library. :D

lurch70 said:
fucking Borat has more credibility than Nile !!!

:lol: x 1.21 GW

Oh man, I would throw all of those quotes into my signature if I had sigs turned on.

Instead....wait for it.....5 stars. :D

I still don't know how a dude with stubby vienna sausage fingers can play guitar that amazing. Ly. Amazingly. Is that a word?

amazingly

Amazing \A*maz"ing\, a. Causing amazement; very wonderful; as, amazing grace. -- A*maz\"ing*ly, adv.

Awesomeness.

Henrik Main said:
Innovation and originality DOES NOT necessarily make a band good. I can't name a band that sounds like Melechesh, but that doesn't prove anything else that they're original, which shouldn't be an indicator of their quality. My death metal band, Cripple Decapitation, uses the Gjallarhorn (war horn from Norse mythology), the flute and the spoons as instruments, and we also sample fish sounds from a real aquarium. I can't name any other bands with that specific combination of instruments, nor can I name a band that sounds like us. Does that make us original? Yes. Does it make us good? Not at all.

I agree, but here's the bit you're not getting:

Melechesh = Innovative + Original + Good Band

Cripple Decapitation = Innovative + Original + Arse Band

You see, there is a subtle difference there...

:loco:

It's all subjective. My regard towards Melechesh is my own opinion. My regard towards Cripple Decapitation is pure conjecture. :D

Traditional Irish Folk Song

They come over here
And they take all our land
They chop off our heads
And they boil them in oil
Our children are leaving
And we have no heads
We drink and we sing
And we drink and we die

We have no heads
We have no heads

They come over here
And they chop off our legs
They cut off our hands
And put nails in our eyes
O'Grady is dead
And O'Hanrahan's gone
We drink and we die
And continue to drink

O'Hanrahan
No O'Hanrahan

They buried O'Neil
Down in country Shillhame
The poor children crying
And fe dee din de
Hin fle di dinfle
Di din fle de din de
In hey bibble bibble
Hey bibble bibble
Hey fle bibble de

O'Hanrahan
No O'Hanrahan

We drink and we sing
And we drink and we sing
Hey!

We drink and we drive
And we puke and we drink
Hey!

We drink and we fight
And we bleed and we cry
Hey!

We puke and we smoke
And we drink and we die
Hey!

Crimson Velvet said:
Haha! You guys remind me of some of the kids in my class that's always arguing about whether or not hip-hop artists are posers or not because they're not real gangsta's and live in the "hood". Does it really matter?

There's always been a fine line between being committed to a theme and turning it into a gimmick. Since the lyrical content of metal has traditionally been escapist and it would be wrong to accuse everyone who writes from something other than personal observation a poseur (how many grind bands have actually performed torture with medical instruments?), I don't think Nile is guilty of the latter, even if acknowledging that you borrow from documentaries makes you look like a geek.

JayKeeley said:
Why would anyone want to decapitate cripples anyway? Don't you think they've got it hard enough?

It's a pretty dull play on words (does the name Cattle Decapitation ring any bells?). I thought it was fun and clever in a goofy/childish sort of way back then, but I do agree that it's a bit harsh to decapitate poor cripples.

doing my research for the Nile review ... I stumble onto this:
mms://66.235.201.198/relapsemedia/video/Nile_sarcophagus.wmv

I mean come on ... you are not fooling anyone, that is the back woods of North Carolina ... and that singer is the Death Metal Klaus Meine ... how can you take these guys seriously. This is cheese at it's most aged ... :D

How can anyone take any death metal seriously when 99% of the vocalist's's biggest influence is Cookie Monster?

CookieMonster.jpg

EDIT: I totally failed at getting the apostrophe correct.

now you are getting somewhere ... i like my Death Metal ... well ... not serious.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I think we're at that central ground where we all join hands and sing.

And concerning Nile, they do have some of the more ridiculous vocals around, I usually laugh at them. But the mood man, especially on something like Sarcophagus... oohohohohohoohouuujhnnnnnnnghghg <-- ejaculatory sounds

of course Nile is ridiculous, but that doesn't mean it's bad music or any les authentic than say Slayer, who sing about Hell, but I bet they've never been there, unless they are talking about:

HellWeather.JPG

Which I'm also sure they've never visited. Bye-bye Slayer credibility!

In all fairness Slayer is based out of LA, I'd consider that hell.

They currently live in Riverside along with me. I've seen Kerry King grocery shopping at my local Albertchone's even! :headbang: