Dec 17, 2008
Long Beach, New York
http://files.getdropbox.com/u/1569935/Three Amps, You Choose.mp3

Three amps in this clip:

Modded Peavey Windsor
Modded Peavey 5150
Mesa Dual Racktifier

All boosted with Maxon OD-820 Pro

You guess which is which and vote which is your favorite.

Each "repetition" of the clip (it's a long one) is a change of the amplifier, (approx. every minute and four seconds).

It's an original song I was just playing a riff of. Enjoy!

Cool song greg, i guess amp one is the windsor. and maybe amp two racktifier and three 5150.

Hey off topic question, do you have any clips of your avatar cab?

Reply number 25 is when I will give out answers. Also, does anyone LIKE the tone? How good is it? I'm working on really dishing out some awesome stuff, so let me know.

I'll make clips for you if you send me DI's, bass tracks, drum tracks and choose an amp.

Damn, i don´t have tracks to send you, im gassing for one but i want to know if it is a good cab for recording and live, my first choice was of course a mesa cab but is really out of my budget right know, with the avatar i can save some really good bucks, but if is really a good cab and comparable with the mesa or at least better than a marshall 1960

But Considering you always make your clips with the mesa, my guess is that it is better for recording than the Avatar

Again sorry for goin OT

But Considering you always make your clips with the mesa, my guess is that it is better for recording than the Avatar

This isn't necessarily true. The Mesa 4x12 Standard cab, is THE standard for metal music. I've used it so much to stay remotely "scientific." I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Avatar Contemporary Custom 4x12 (I have Hellatone 60's and Hellatone 30's in mine). I will make clips for you as soon as I have some free time. I owe Jaeurnis some of my time first for some information regarding the Windsor. As soon as I get my act together, I'll shoot some stuff your way.

Don't apologize for going off topic, cab choice is part of this. I may do a cab shootout next week or something, but Lasse's is still gonna be better!