Threshold Return!

I got excited as I like Threshold too. This is no disrespect for Damien but I do not care for his vocals. Sure he has some great range and great pipes, I just don't like them with Threshold. I have the entire discography from Threshold and the 2 with Damien are my least favorite.

I miss MAC too and hope that maybe one day he will return.

I was also hoping that Threshold would have another lead singer, what ever happened to Mr. Morgan? He was an amazing singer for Threshold and I would love to see them go back to that heavier style.

Anyway, glad the boys are doing well and still writing music but most likely I will pass if Damien is on vocals.

Brand

Hey everyone has their opinion right; what makes the world go round. All I can say is the day Mac walked out and Damian filled in, I was the happiest prog metal fan out there. I didn't get into Threshold when Mac came on board as did many others; I got into the band when Damian and the boys created their masterpiece Wounded Land. While many may prefer Mac's vocals, technically and range wise, Damian compared to most anybody is like comparing filet mignon to friggin roast beef! The guy sang in Le Mis for god's sake.

Yes, I am a Damian fan boy and he is my all time favorite vocalist; in my opinion there is no one that brings more passion to a performance than he does... and he is always on! The new disc is going to slay:headbang:

Well I really would guess a lot of it has to do with when you actually got on board with the band.

I discovered them back in the mid nineties when I placed an order (now I am dating myself lol) from some place called Avalanche Records out in Cally if I remember right. You printed out the order form and faxed it to them lol (before online ordering became commonplace)

So I ordered Wounded Land, Pyschedelicatessen, and Ivanhoe's first two albums :D

I first experienced the band with Damian and dug it though I wound up liking Morgan more.

But after I got Extinct Instinct (STILL one of my fav Threshold discs), I became a huge Damian fan. I'll admit Clone took a bit to grow on me cause Mac was 'the new guy' for me. Hypothetical sealed it for me though.

So I truly love what both guys brought/bring to the band.

Now as to the unsung third guy, I would love to hear them do something with Morgan again

This has always been one of my ultimate Threshold songs and Morgan's vocals are just powerhouse. ESPECIALLY his 'Still remaaaaaaaaiiiin' scream at the 4:29 mark.

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Now the interesting thing is, the last time Threshold played PP, at the Threshold meet and greet for the fanclub/street team, I actually spoke with Karl Groom and after mentioning how cool it was that Damian came back, mentioned what a fan of Morgan I was. And if I remember right, he said that they had talked to Morgan like the day after Damian said he would come back and Morgan had been interested in coming back.

Funny to think about what a few days difference could have made..... :loco:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, very interesting. I did not know that. Life is all about timing. I did like Glynn in his brief stint, but as I have been saying, Damian brings it in every way for me. Let's see what the new album has in store for us.

Well I really would guess a lot of it has to do with when you actually got on board with the band.

While that's normally true for me, it is not with Threshold strangely. My first exposure to them was Hypothetical. I love that album. It's very solid - not a weak track on it. I think it's their best album. I still like Damien's voice better.