'Tiara' will be out OCTOBER 12th 2018

Kazar

SW-moderator
May 14, 2007
Fantastic news, everyone!

SEVENTH WONDER is back with their fifth studio album, titled ‘Tiara’.
The new album is now in the final stages of mixing, and it is being mixed at Lionheart Studio in Oslo, Norway by Oyvind Voldmo Larsen (who also mixed “Inner Enemy” and “The Promise”).

It is the first studio album to feature Stefan Norgren on drums, and in two weeks the album will be passed on to Jens Bogren of Fascination studios for mastering. Jens has previously worked on albums by Symphony X, Katatonia, Opeth and James LaBrie.

The 13 tracks of this concept album will visit some new sonic spaces for Seventh Wonder, while staying true to their form.
After the mastering, the finished album will be delivered to Frontiers Records for a world wide release.

“We’ve watched you since the dawn of time,
with every moment gone by.
A million suns fade and die,
this is the end?”

Beware, for they’re coming….!
#Tiara

The first picture was also released :) :
https://www.facebook.com/seventhwonderofficial/posts/10156837901788378

Welcome back everyone, this was a lovely place to discuss.
Anyway, we're going to miss Andreas' studio reports.

Reactions: Kez
Already my most anticipated album of 2018. Any chance that it's gonna come out in february?

In any case,2018 will be very Very VERY exciting year for plog metaler.
I'm can't wait....

In the last teaser, Im having trouble deciphering some of the lyrics. Would anybody like to fill in the blanks? :)

We brought light (brought light)
To shame the sun and we always found a way
And I dont care, if you dont care
...............---- amazing fantasies (?)
We count.....--(?)

We will be victorious
With the blink of an eye we sail to the sky We'll be glorious, victorious ....__(?)

Our dreams **** safe **** amazing fantasies
we count *** on these realities (??)

victorious we ride

(or so I guess) :D

Thought I'd pitch in on the lyrics (for fun):
I can't truly hear what he sings as the song fades in, but I hear something similar to you:

'Cause our dreams have always taken us where amazing fantasies (?)
- Doesn't make a lot of sense, but thats what I get, haha!
We'd count the days we have with ease (?) - Again, doesn't really tie with the previous sentence

We will be victorious, in the blink of an eye we set to the sky
We'll be glorious, victorious we rise
- This last chorus-part I'm pretty sure is correct

Maybe my suggestions will fill in the blanks for someone else. Right now, I have tunnel-vision on this rendition and thus can't hear anything else! Haha!

Thought I'd pitch in on the lyrics (for fun):
I can't truly hear what he sings as the song fades in, but I hear something similar to you:

'Cause our dreams have always taken us where amazing fantasies (?)
- Doesn't make a lot of sense, but thats what I get, haha!
We'd count the days we have with ease (?) - Again, doesn't really tie with the previous sentence

We will be victorious, in the blink of an eye we set to the sky
We'll be glorious, victorious we rise
- This last chorus-part I'm pretty sure is correct

Maybe my suggestions will fill in the blanks for someone else. Right now, I have tunnel-vision on this rendition and thus can't hear anything else! Haha!

Yes! Thanks. I think you almost nailed it.

The part before the chorus could now make sensebwith something like this:

Cause our dreams have always taken us where amazing fantasies encounter these realities (?)

Yes! Thanks. I think you almost nailed it.

The part before the chorus could now make sensebwith something like this:

Cause our dreams have always taken us where amazing fantasies encounter these realities (?)

That would make sense, however the word after encounter definitely starts with the plosive /d/.
That said, it is possible that he meant to sing "these", after all he is not a native speaker of English.
Then I suggest:

"Cause our dreams have always taken us where amazing fantasies would counter these realities"

Lyrically that would be the best bet. I just can't match the sounds. I still hear the plosive /d/ as well as an /i/ vowel in "We'd".
Funny thing is, we are probably way off, haha! Not even confident in "We brought light" and "Shame the sun". Will be interesting to see the actual lyrics.

Tommy has a history of mispronouncing words (or the lyrics have since recording simply been revised), and The Great Escape (song) has a few examples of that. E.g:

"Inside the Mima's eyes, we lived our lives
Then like an arrow through this jest"

When you listen to the song, there is just no way he sings "this". The vowel is a fronted /i/ like "these" .
The song is filled with these small pronunciation variations, which makes it impossible to actually transcribe the lyrics, haha.
It doesn't bother me at all though.

Last edited:
Whew! Had some trouble logging in here, and I guess it was Firefox (this is not a secure site!), but anyway, nothing seems secure these days except my love for Seventh Wonder. I read Andreas B.'s request that we visit the Ultimate Metal Forum to swap SW thoughts, and I've really been trying to get in. I can't wait for Tiara, but I will. \m/ <3 \m/

Reactions: Kez
Here's Frontiers' official announcement regarding the release date:
"Attention Seventh Wonder FANS: We deeply appreciate your excitement for the band’s new album and eagerness to hear news about when it will be released. We are pleased to tell you that we anticipate that we will release the album in October, BUT factors out of our control can always cause delays, so keep your pitchforks and torches packed away if there is a change in plans. Rest assured, as soon as an exact date is settled upon, we will announce it immediately and without hesitation. We have zero interest in prolonging your agony and are eager to begin the process of releasing this album too. And of course we will release a new song from the album well before October, but exact timing of that is TBD.
Thank you again for your excitement about “Tiara”!"