Tightest live band?

Was going to say gojira, but damn. No need at this point.

How about Alice in Chains? Jerry is so spot on live it's ridiculous.

^ all the videos and I mean really all videos I saw, Amon amarth is everything but tight. I might have seen the wrong ones I guess!lol

Unearth should get a mention I think. When I saw them in 06/07 it was fucking insane, they all run around the stage, throw their guitars around, flip off eachother's backs, jump off monitors/risers, and never ever miss a single beat/note. Crazy energy, constantly moving, but the music doesn't suffer for it.

Unearth should get a mention I think. When I saw them in 06/07 it was fucking insane, they all run around the stage, throw their guitars around, flip off eachother's backs, jump off monitors/risers, and never ever miss a single beat/note. Crazy energy, constantly moving, but the music doesn't suffer for it.

Saw them last year and they were pretty much as you described, the drummer was insane as well, but someone told me it's a session guy, I know nothing about them. The bassist was considerably sloppy though, caring more about moshing and prancing around than playing well, but that's something only a picky bassist like myself would notice :lol:

Limp Bizkit though, those motherfuckers can GROOOOOOOOVE like no one else.

dethklok-5004005181f80.jpg

Seen them a few times and each time has been absolutely insane. How they have so much energy is beyond me. I recall Ken Susi putting his guitar down mid-song and doing push-ups on stage.....funneling beers, etc. :lol:

In person - Dream Theater, instrumentally atleast.

On video - Necrophagist. Can't believe how he's playing those insane rhythms, and on the mic, whilst barely looking at the guitar, then nails every solo both technique and timing wise.

From the Bands I saw Karnivool, Tesseract and Dream Theater def nailed it. Karnivool gets my vote for taking the entire show andv2 encores to play New Day. I said to myself that Id hate them forever if they dont, I heard like 3 people saying the same. Then they played it everybody went totally nuts.
Really wanna see gojira!
My top choice would be Rage against the machine. Not really for tightness but for energy. Duuuuude. 'Sleep now in fire' and 10k people jumping and screaming all over place.best concert ever.

Never seen them, but judging from legends of people who have seen them live + unedited bootlegs I'd say Dissection. I have no idea how it is humanly possible to play and scream songs like Nights Blood at the same time. Wtf, Notveid, haha.